AF-100 at IBC

So, while an AF100 with the GH1's 14-140 makes for a pretty decent substitute for a conventional video camera, I can certainly see events shooters having reason to prefer a conventional servo-zoom camcorder.

Unless, of course, someone produces a self-contained servo-zoom lens that covers the m43 sensor. At that point, things get far more confused.

Ya, although I am NOT this camera's target market, I would really like it IF
I could get a lens like that......that will be the make or break thing for me.
I can't do it without that lens, but I will guarantee I will buy one if I can get a lens
like that. However, they are going to sell a ton of these even without my
purchase to their target market of filmmakers. Looks pretty cool, and if you
pair it with one of the external recording devices, you should get just amazing
looking video/film. Exciting stuff with all these new toys!
 
Can we confirm the ND filters on the prototype?
Most definitely. Optical ND filters on a proper broadcast filter wheel, at 2-stops, 4-stops, and 6-stops.

I got a shot of some roses in broad daylight, at f/11, focus very deep. Then spun the filter wheel and got the same shot at f/1.4, with hyper-shallow DOF.

The filter wheel means now you can pretty much pick your DOF, whatever you want, even in broad daylight.
 
Most definitely. Optical ND filters on a proper broadcast filter wheel, at 2-stops, 4-stops, and 6-stops.

I got a shot of some roses in broad daylight, at f/11, focus very deep. Then spun the filter wheel and got the same shot at f/1.4, with hyper-shallow DOF.

The filter wheel means now you can pretty much pick your DOF, whatever you want, even in broad daylight.

This might be my favorite feature. It's like a true ENG camera, only it's using SLR lenses. Very sweet.
 
Engadget says the AG-AF105 (I'm assuming that's the Japanese model number) is officially priced at ¥837,900 (about $9,960). Maybe that's where the "less than $10,000" figure came from. But will it really cost 40% less in the U.S.?
 
Engadget says the AG-AF105 (I'm assuming that's the Japanese model number) is officially priced at ¥837,900 (about $9,960). Maybe that's where the "less than $10,000" figure came from. But will it really cost 40% less in the U.S.?

I would have to guess that this is including lenses or something else. It is definitely under $6,000 in the US.

Best,

Jan
 
I don't understand why it's not 10-bit output. Even the EX1 has 10-bit output. It can't be a cost thing. I can only wonder if it's an internal product differentiation decision.

I'm so looking forward to using the Af100 with a Ki Pro Mini, but why the 8-bit?
 
wait a minute,

if it's a sensor like the gh1

records the same file format and bitrate as the gh1

cannot output 10bit out of hd-sdi like the gh1

costs alllllllllllllllllllllllllllot more than the gh1

one might come to the wrong conclusion now.
 
wait a minute,

if it's a sensor like the gh1

records the same file format and bitrate as the gh1

cannot output 10bit out of hd-sdi like the gh1

costs alllllllllllllllllllllllllllot more than the gh1

one might come to the wrong conclusion now.

You might want to spend some time in some the other AF100 threads.

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=222673

The AF100 is definitely not the GH1 with a different name and price.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top