"Sleeper" by Matt Sconce and Mark Aro

Thanks guys... This is super fun. Very exhausting, which I am sure many of you are experiencing as well.... but still wicked FUN! I can't tell you how much I wish I could do this on a full-time basis!

:Drogar-Evil(DBG):

Right now I am in ROTOSCOPING HELL!!! :evil:

I think I may have to pimp some of the ROTO work off to Matt.... I mean I think I will let Mat experience the exciting world of ROTOSCOPING. :zombie_smiley: C YA
 
Mark T. Aro said:
:Drogar-Evil(DBG):

Right now I am in ROTOSCOPING HELL!!! :evil:

I think I may have to pimp some of the ROTO work off to Matt.... I mean I think I will let Mat experience the exciting world of ROTOSCOPING. :zombie_smiley: C YA

In the first flick(and first rotoscoping) I did, I spent a day roto-ing a scene that never went in the final product.. it was the van running right through the guy... spent all day roto-ing the friggin shadow..

I feel your pain....:zombie_smiley:
 
I am all for some ROTOScoping Joy!:)

Looks like I am jumping into the VFX ROTO arena tonight. I feel like arnold in "running man", as I don't know what to expect from this ROTO opponent.
rm_3.jpg

Will it be like battling a psycho, opera singing, electric car nerdy guy, or a scary razor wielding hockey player...hmmmmm. I will let you know if I survive ROTO MANIA. :kali: :badputer:
 
Mark T. Aro said:
Right now I am in ROTOSCOPING HELL!!! :evil:

I think I may have to pimp some of the ROTO work off to Matt.... I mean I think I will let Mat experience the exciting world of ROTOSCOPING. :zombie_smiley: C YA

Well it is official..... I have entered Roto Hell. Mark, I now feel your pain!
Here is an actual screen grab of the moment I discovered this. And yes...the Peke faced persian was actually there taunting me!

1179377673.jpg
 
msconce said:
Well it is official..... I have entered Roto Hell. Mark, I now feel your pain!
Here is an actual screen grab of the moment I discovered this. And yes...the Peke faced persian was actually there taunting me!

1179377673.jpg

OKAY MATT... I think that it is safe to say that you have officially cracked.

It has only just begun my friend.... In the immortal words of Major Payne... "Tomorrow we gonna start the hard stuff!" Hey I know it isn't classic cinema, but I still find it very funny! "Want me to show you a little trick to take your mind of that pain.... you might feel a little pressure... HE HE HE... HO HO HO... HA HA HA!"




Okay... I feel better now!
 
UPDATE: Chance Thomas (Our Composer) sent us a bit of the music from Sleeper. It was the music for a specific scene. We opened it up and synched it up and after a bit of computer crashing obstacles:badputer:, Mark and I were ready to listen to it. We were excited!

We pressed play.....we heard nothing
533.gif
.....we leaned forward.....then the Music came blasting out at us and we both jumped and laughed in humiliation
028.gif
. Chance had told us it started loud as it is intended to be linked to the file before it...but did we remember?? Nooooo... It was a funny moment....

Now back to the music...
musik14.gif
IT IS AMAZING!! Chance said this was a rough cut and we are simply blown away! It sounds to us like a mastered final. It fits the mood of the movie soo well and we immediately loved the theme.

So, All is well on the movie front. I will keep you updated!:beer:
 
TimurCivan said:
Keep it together man!

Yes, I thought I was going batty and then Mark introduced me to more keying today that is even more grueling. I must say, I like it though. It is cool to work in combustion. Things are just intuitive compared to when I worked in AE. Check out the post above yours, Timur. I am so excited about our music!:thumbup:
 
congrats guys, cant wait to hear it. As a composer turned filmmaker myself
i know how much the score can make or break you.
 
Last edited:
Defcon said:
congrats guys, cant wait to hear it. As composer turnd filmmaker myself
i know how much the score can make or break you.

Thanks! I totally agree. Music definitely makes or breaks a movie. Look at Titanic, Braveheart, and LOTR and imagine them with crappy music. Chance is going to help take Sleeper to a whole diferent level than it originally was. It is extremely exciting!:beer:
 
Yep, totally looking forward to this. Didn't read all of the posts but hope you're getting it done in time. And under time. Good luck.
 
Glad your musical score is on a roll. I'm biting my nails about the music for TieCanDo. My composer got sick over the weekend and has been incommunicado for a few days. The vid is close to complete. I hope our music arrives in time or I'll have to get out my harmonica.
 
msconce said:
... and hope to finish it. We shall see. :huh:
AUGH!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!! Come on...sleep is so overrated, who needs it :evil:

UPDATE 2: We landed an immense client over the weekend for ongoing promotional work and that is helping out a lot in the budget department! :beer:
Congratulations!!
a084.gif
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Charli said:
I envy you guys. ENVY!


Yeah... well we are in POST hell so don't be to envious. It will be quite the accomplishment if we make it in time.:eek:


So if the organizers feel so enclined to add a week to the deadline, well... I wouldn't complain! :)

Okay... back to work for me now.
 
Mark - I'd rather be in development Hell then still shooting. I'm not sure what we'll have, hopefully something that looks like a spy thing.
 
Guys if it makes you feel any better, im SHOOTING on friday saturday and sunday. SHOOTING. I had to rewrite the script for the umpteenth time because 2 of my locations got nixed at the last second. That leaves me with, like, 3 days of 24/7 post.
 
Defcon said:
Guys if it makes you feel any better, im SHOOTING on friday saturday and sunday. SHOOTING. I had to rewrite the script for the umpteenth time because 2 of my locations got nixed at the last second. That leaves me with, like, 3 days of 24/7 post.


DUDE! That sucks! I am so sorry about that. I can't even imagine.

hang in there!

:thumbup:
 
So we were in the middle of postproduction and we decided, hey lets make a second Movie! So we did. We are aiming to enter both in the contest! I hope we finish them!!!!!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top