"Sleeper" by Matt Sconce and Mark Aro

sfoster said:
Wait a minute, I was just catching up on all the posting because I finally had a couple seconds while a file is rendering on my other computer, when I saw that they cut my bikini scene? What is up with that. You don't have much of a story without my bikini scene! AND YOU CALL YOURSELVES FILM MAKERS! Well I guess we'll have to rely on the acting, story, directing and editing, and not my awesome bikini body. So sorry for all those who wanted to see my polka dot bikini!

Yeah... watch it Mr. Actor man... we do have some incriminating footage of you getting your butt kicked by Paige in the SIT UP CONTEST at the recording studio... don't make me pull that out now!!!! :evil:

BTW... on a serious note... did you see that we have an opening for a NEWS photog... I don't know if you got the message from MATT, but I think that it is a pretty cool gig. I can tell you more off-line, but you may get to use the HVX or the HPX that we just got in.

Give one of us a call and we will give you all the sorted details... if you are interested!:thumbup:
 
Charli said:
Wait, I got it, it's about a girl splashing through water, did I get the premise right? No, wait, it's a girl with a gun, splashing through water.

Man, we revealed too much!:crybaby: haha :)


Mark Johnson said:
Damn damn damn Matt! I just trundled over here and I'm TOTALLY STOKED after seeing your poster and the grabs. What a great look your lead has! Woo hoo. This really has me enthused!

Thanks Mark!!!! I am very excited about this! My Film Partner, Mark Aro, is a 3D guru as well, and this should have an amazing look to it. Keep checking back as we keep journaling our project! :beer:
 
I was just having an off day in the studio. . . About 280 situps off. And on another note, C sharp I think, my thumb is looking nice. I will have a great scar to remember it all by! No infections or fungus or other grossness to complain about, and yesterday is the first day without bleeding through the bandages. :D

What are you guys talking about special effects and 3d guru's for. Remember, we are doing it all for real, not with special effects! Remember it's all for real!

OK it's official. I'm am tired! Just finished up a week where I slept about 12 hours for the whole week, and have spent the last 3 days editing or shooting something for at least 11 hours a day. I'm going to go pass out now. Bye . . . ZZZZZ
 
Wow! It's been a while since I posted! We are neck deep in post, but I thought I would surface to put up some funny moments from shooting.

These are all grabs from the HVX200:
1179186274.jpg
 
Those green togos, uh, look good on you guys. Why don't you both stay put, I'm calling someone for you, you guys need help. Now where is that mental institution's hotline #?
 
Charli said:
Those green togos, uh, look good on you guys. Why don't you both stay put, I'm calling someone for you, you guys need help. Now where is that mental institution's hotline #?
Just to clarify... Shane (our actor) and Julio (Key Grip extraordinare) were having a little to much fun!

Also to point out... this is when I was doing a BTS spot, explaining what we are doing. I was supposed to find a solid green wall, but I found these guys!

Disturbing... Funny, but Disturbing!!!

:Drogar-Evil(DBG):
 
Defcon said:
the shot is cool with the girl, greenscreen and the briefcase, can we see the real image in post?
Do you mean before post or after post? :huh:

Are you looking to see one of the actual green screen shots or the composited finished shot?
 
Oh i meant after post. the shots looks so great and i was hoping to see some final stills, or maybe the background that will be behind the girl and the suitcase? I've been following your production and i love what you guys have so far...
 
Defcon said:
Oh i meant after post. the shots looks so great and i was hoping to see some final stills, or maybe the background that will be behind the girl and the suitcase? I've been following your production and i love what you guys have so far...
Yeah, we may post some of that, specifically in that area. Right now I am putting in a rough pass of all of the VFX for the audio folks so they can keep working. Once we have all of the proxy content in, then I will start polishing each scene. When that scene gets to that stage, I will most likely show a couple of clips.

Stay Tuned!:Drogar-Evil(DBG):
 
msconce said:
UPDATE: Crew Shots of Mark, Matt and Chance
1175701824.jpg
Hey Mark, I just noticed that in one of the BTS phots, there's a picture of you and four of your SIX kids. Good for you, that's awesome! I've got five boys myself, the youngest ones being 16-month-old twins. I always say, now I've got a pretty good chance at least SOMEBODY will take care of me when I'm old and decrepit. :) AND they still love you even if you didn't get that shot that day!:happy:

Again, looking forward to your guys's film!
 
cinealma said:
Hey Mark, I just noticed that in one of the BTS phots, there's a picture of you and four of your SIX kids. Good for you, that's awesome! I've got five boys myself, the youngest ones being 16-month-old twins. I always say, now I've got a pretty good chance at least SOMEBODY will take care of me when I'm old and decrepit. :) AND they still love you even if you didn't get that shot that day!:happy:

Again, looking forward to your guys's film!
Thanks dude! Yeah they rock. My youngest is 6 and my oldest is 15 (4 girls... the 2 youngest are my boys). They love what we are doing and they have been involved along the way. My two oldest girls (13 and 15) are starting to train for a little project that we are cooking up for next year. It is going to be ROCKIN!!! They are stoked as well. It is a blast to have them all so excited to be involved in what is now the FAMILY BUSINESS [grin]. Good times... good times!

Good luck with the twins... we had them one at a time... I can't imagine twins! :Drogar-Dum(DBG):
 
Mark T. Aro said:
Thanks dude! Yeah they rock. My youngest is 6 and my oldest is 15 (4 girls... the 2 youngest are my boys). They love what we are doing and they have been involved along the way. My two oldest girls (13 and 15) are starting to train for a little project that we are cooking up for next year. It is going to be ROCKIN!!! They are stoked as well. It is a blast to have them all so excited to be involved in what is now the FAMILY BUSINESS [grin]. Good times... good times!

Good luck with the twins... we had them one at a time... I can't imagine twins! :Drogar-Dum(DBG):

The "FAMILY BUSINESS." That's GREAT!

My wife already has the twins in the biz. They have a regular gig on ER this past season and will be on "Big Love" this summer. They did an episode of "My Name is Earl", too, and some other tv stuff and a couple of films. They just landed a national commercial for Verizon that will play during the season for "On the Lot". I told my wife I was upset because THEY GOT INTO THE IMDB BEFORE ME! :)

Take it easy, poppa!
 
cinealma said:
The "FAMILY BUSINESS." That's GREAT!

My wife already has the twins in the biz.... THEY GOT INTO THE IMDB BEFORE ME! :)

Take it easy, poppa!

BUMMER :Drogar-Evil(DBG):... well it is cool that they are working. Are they adults or kids?

My kids have been bugging me for a while about wanting to get into acting. They have skills, but I don't know if I want to go down that road... at least in the Hollywood sense. My two oldest will be in a project that we are doing in 6 months or so... Also, some of the shorts I have planned will have some of the other kids, but to tell you the truth... a lot of it is convenience, but they love film so it is a hard call... if you know what I mean.
 
Back
Top