"Sleeper" by Matt Sconce and Mark Aro

Wow, guys! What a freakin' amazing undertaking! There were some "Blockbuster" shots and effects happening here! Just an amazing vision you have!!!

I know that the film is obviously not finished so it is hard to give a lot of comment but I can tell that this is going to be an outstanding film once it's done!

I love the shots. The framing. The editing. Nicely done.

I love the art direction. Oh, so beautiful. And the lighting is wonderful.

Great job guys! What a duo you two are! Please keep me updated with the proress of this film!!! And thanks for showing it off in its current state. Totally worth watching!!!

-Ted

Woohoo! Glad you are excited about it too! We will definitely keep you updated and thanks for stopping by!
 
OK now that you impressed the hell out of .. except for maybe the lead actresses audio... I would like to see the completed project... damn nice looking film...
 
Matt - when is your projected finished date? Yeah, Mark is a fx guru, should get a lot of good things done for you, remember what he did for Jack?
 
Finally

Finally

I finally caught up on the posts! A little word about lighting since that was one of the comments a while back. Honestly there wasn't too many special things done there with the lighting. We basically lighted the way the location dictated. If there was a light source in the alleyway, we just made it stronger for film. We needed separation from the back ground so we did high side lighting behind Paige, and standard back lighting on the quick move to my lips where I said you were careless. We actually used the same lighting for the whole scene. The only time we moved a light is if the camera shadow would be seen. As far as the alley, this was the most challenging lighting setup I think mainly because we had to move the soft box light and adjust it as we walked backwards towards another light. Overall it was simple 4 point lighting. Then looking through the monitor to see if the key was intense enough, or if the fill was filling too much.

As far as the story goes, from what we filmed and what you saw, I can assure you the story is there. It isn't a complete story because it is designed to make you want to watch the whole feature, so it is almost a teaser trailer, but in short film version. I agree that knowing the back story of the actors would help you understand, they only had 6 minutes.

I would comment on the acting I've done, but I don't feel this is the appropriate place, besides IMDB.com exists so there's really no need. That would say anything legit that Paige or I have done.

Now I'm off to workout and practice for the added scenes!

Until next time!
 
Last edited:
I wanted to take a little time with this one because I know you guys have high hopes for the project. My first thought was that this is very ambitious project and it should be commended for that alone. the amount of special affects are dizzying. It was also a brave move to show it in this stage.

I really like the camera movement of the first scene. The way the camera sweeps down past the actor to the T.V. and then pulls back to the bloody bowl. Very nice. Also, it is hard to get a believable new reporter and you accomplished that difficult yet simple task. I like how the camera zooms in on the "You were careless" line. very cool

The Lead female gave an overall good performance. The one line that felt like acting to me though was the "Is he still alive?" line. She improved considerably once she got to the alley. The male lead was very good. Perfect for the genre and role. good casting there.

The story was incomplete, and I am sure you will clear a few things up in the longer version such; How does the father fit in?; If she has stolen the information to free him from a kidnapping (he is missing so I am assuming) is she meeting this guy or someone else and he intercepts?

I am looking forward to seeing the fight scene when it is done. I like the throwing star thing part very much. I assume the scooby Doo ghost at the end will be replaced by something spectacular. All and all, I see that this will be a very exciting film when it is done. I can see it being a 1 hour type series for sure. Congrats.

Jim
 
I wanted to take a little time with this one because I know you guys have high hopes for the project. My first thought was that this is very ambitious project and it should be commended for that alone. the amount of special affects are dizzying. It was also a brave move to show it in this stage.

I really like the camera movement of the first scene. The way the camera sweeps down past the actor to the T.V. and then pulls back to the bloody bowl. Very nice. Also, it is hard to get a believable new reporter and you accomplished that difficult yet simple task. I like how the camera zooms in on the "You were careless" line. very cool

The Lead female gave an overall good performance. The one line that felt like acting to me though was the "Is he still alive?" line. She improved considerably once she got to the alley. The male lead was very good. Perfect for the genre and role. good casting there.

The story was incomplete, and I am sure you will clear a few things up in the longer version such; How does the father fit in?; If she has stolen the information to free him from a kidnapping (he is missing so I am assuming) is she meeting this guy or someone else and he intercepts?

I am looking forward to seeing the fight scene when it is done. I like the throwing star thing part very much. I assume the scooby Doo ghost at the end will be replaced by something spectacular. All and all, I see that this will be a very exciting film when it is done. I can see it being a 1 hour type series for sure. Congrats.

Jim

Jim,

Thanks for the kind comments. you are correct on all accounts. When we replace the footage that we cut out, the story will clear up, but we felt, just like some many here, that there could be more so we have added two major scenes. This should really make it clear and deliver the appropriate emmotional elements. As far as VFX goes, thanks! We have a lot to do still, but all things considered, this story is such that vfx are key to prorperly telling it. In contrast, the only VFX in SON OF BOND was in the gun flashes, blood and smoke. The key there was the humor and the character himself not VFX. I am one you feels that VFX should serve the story not fix a weak one. Once we have the cut footage back in and the new scenes shot, we should have a nice balance between the two.

We will upload updates as we progress. :)
 
Back
Top