FEATURE: Monsterfest finalist - "The JONES'" Feature!

Good advice guys. They'll just have to wait then. Barry, it's interesting that you talk about a theater showing. A friend of mine that helped out with the film lives in NY and we were going to do a premiere there and do exactly what you were saying. We were going to invite some distributors and industry people down to check it out. The film festival route is a good idea as well.
 
One milestone reached!! The movie is finished and I took a copy to my composer last night. He's got some new toys and I believe it will soand I believe it will sound amazing.
 
...what was this film about again...it's been so long now.... :laugh:

Really, CONGRATS! I can't wait to see it.
 
One milestone reached!! The movie is finished and I took a copy to my composer last night. He's got some new toys and I believe it will soand I believe it will sound amazing.

Big CONGRATS My Brother!! You did it. Home stretchin it now. Tell that tune-smith to put it into high gear,
we are Jonesin for some Jones'!!
 
Thanks, guys!! It was such a big hurdle trying to get this film finished, especially while trying to do the reality show at the same time. Don't know how I found the time, but I did. Thanks for all the support. Means a lot. Will have more updates soon.
 
Yeah, it definitely would. I don't think I was even halfway don't when I did the first one. It did cover quite a bit of the story, but there were a few scenes that I would have added. So it will change a little bit.
 
Last post on 12-17-2011????? You mean I dont get a update for the New Year? Where are all the Bad To The Jones Fans? You know you would rather be sitting at home watching Bad To The Jones then watching Justin Beiber 3D!
 
Man, Bieber's off-the-chain! LOL!!! So, my composer is still working on the film. As to when the music will be done? I don't know. I'm not too worried about that right now as there are still little things to fix and make right. I have exported 3 different versions of the film to watch to see if there are any last minute things to change as far as fx and sound and I keep finding things that I missed. Very frustrating, however, it's good to be able to at least have the vision to know when something important isn't quite right. I've also been busy with other projects that I'll update soon. The other projects are kind of good, because they allow me to get away from the film for a little while and then come back with a fresh eye to be able to flesh out problems. Right now I'm fixing the last piece of audio for one of the big action sequences and after this I pray there's nothing else that needs to be fixed.
 
Marlon, you should be proud. Whenever I watch BTS docs, the directors are ALWAYS finding some last minute little thing to tweak. If they do it in Hollywood, well at least you know you're on the right track too. I can't wait to see the finished project. We're all still with ya man. Years in the making. It better be a BEAST, son! :)

I know it will. I know it will...
 
Thanks!! That's one of the reasons I'm putting in so much work is because of you guys. We all know the kind of things that just won't fly with dvxusers, so it's got to be right and the best that it can be. I can guarantee that once I'm finished it will definitely be the best that it can possibly be. Hollywood, we're comin' to get yo' a**!!!
 
Looking forward to this man, loved the theatrical trailer! Also, I really dig that female lead of yours...looking forward to seeing more of her as well...
 
Yep... we're all hangin' in with ya! I look at it like an IRA, I'm in it for the long-haul hoping for a payoff. :happy:

Take your time & get it right, but like any creative venture...is it ever really done? :shocked:
At some point you have to just cut the cord and let it have a life of it's own.
 
Thanks, guys! For real! Za, we have a date set for the premiere, May 3rd, so I know it'll be done by then (no matter what), but I'm hoping for it to be done way before then. I want to start sending it off to festivals and seeking a distro deal. Stay tuned as well, because once it's finished we're going to share a scene or two with the community.
 
Back
Top