LAWLESS - A Marlon Ladd film

Marlon... where is my poster?
Hold on, Rodney. LOL! I'm gonna' work on it tonight me thinks. I'm converting clips from the reshoot now, so when that's done I'm gonna' edit to see if what I got works and then look at the poster. I didn't get the kind of shots I really wanted, so this'll be interesting.
 
UPDATE:
Okay, now I know what I'm going to do with the poster. Will see if it works and should have one up by tonight.

So far the reshoots are working into the sequence great. I've got 3:30 seconds tweaked pretty good except for some minor audio stuff. That'll come later - just want to make sure right now that my shots mesh like they should.
 
Nice poster and all Marlon but your credit block font makes my eyes bleed. Try SteelTongs.

Good use of color for the poster though. Is that going to be the look of your final Color Correction?
 
Okay, got the steel tongs and hooked it up. Good lookin' out on that! As far as the final cc - nope. I think I'm going with the blueish-grey that Mike came up with. I was just diggin' that color for the poster.

I see the facebook link! Cool!! Appreciatecha'!!!
 
SteelTongs is so much nicer and cleaner. Now that is a damn fine looking poster if I do say so myself. DId you add it to the poster page?
 
i so wanted to get in on the color correcting fest within this fest. hehe

The Color Correcting Fest is a Fest all in itself. All you need is After Affects, Colorista or Apple Color and some good before/after shots. Best color rendition wins a brand new painting kit from the toy section at your nearest Walmart!
 
haha well after i saw that people were giving your shots color correction i wish i would've tried out for this one. but now... i'm to lazy...
 
Just trying to get the best looking picture and Color Correction is often overlooked by indies shooting on digital formats. Then we wonder why with all of the adapters and everything... why do our movies still not look like a "movie". Gotta give it the full treatment in post production for that and it's not just slapping on a Magic Bullet preset. It's actually choosing a color palette and then adjusting each shot in the film to match the palette... and then match each one to the other...

I really got into Color Correction with my two last films. Before that Ii was simply crushing the blacks and calling it a day... not quite doing it justice. Started to take a completely different tactic and the results were stunning and well worth the time spent. Even if you don't do it for this fest, grab your shots, take them over to After Effects and play around with color. You'll be suprised what you can do.

There are also a couple of good tutorials on Color Correction online...
 
Rodney, color correction has been the most challenging aspect of this (our first) fest. It goes on the very peak of a rather tall list of lessons still to be learned. It has been a pretty exhausting experience working with a crap machine and an even crappier monitor as well...I still don't really know how the bloody film looks :). I am really excited to learn as much as I can about the whole color correction process. BTW, thanks for your kickass effort to helping things along with this fest!!!
Cheers,
Sam.
 
MARLON!!! ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

When do you get in to NYC? I'm leaving on THURSDAY back to Toronto. We missed each other last time and now you;re coming back the day before I'm leaving? Do you plan this or something?
 
I am your true nemesis, Rodney!!!! Muwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! I fly in tomorrow morning and will be there until Monday. Man, I wish you were staying, because my friend did a 40 minute film he's premiering in NYC on Friday night. I helped him edit the flick. We'll be in Manhattan for sure Wed. What time are you leaving? You still got my email and #?
 
Back
Top