The Rule Of Thirds - by LRC Productions

good film luis. The angle of the older guy on the cut was a little odd going back and forth. Other than that I enjoyed it. I loved the "Not Written" In the credits.
Good job, I'm glad you noticed the angles were bad! That's the point :)
They are on purpose. The framing is totally the opposite of what it should be, and the 180 degree rule was violated to prove my theory of confusing the viewer.
I sat some people next to me that know nothing about cinematography and they were confused. lol... so it worked! :happy:

I updated the first post on the thread to indicate why the angles and the framing.
and why they were all purposely incorrect and against the rules.
Check out the first post on this thread to see why.
Specially what I wrote under the poster.
Thanks for checking it out!

Wow completely improvised?? Awesome!

yeap! all done in 1 day
100% improv... I had no time for anything else! lol....
thanks!
 
Ahhhh! Okay... when I first watched it I was like "wha....? Are you serious?" Okay not really. But I thought something was wrong. Then I read your first post here and it all makes sense. Very interesting and I kinda like the concept.

Impressive that it was all improvised. I like how you took on that challenge and conquered it. Good work!
 
The sound of the phonecall could have been louder

Acting was less here from one guy.

Watch out for jumpcuts.

And some more sound design stuff would have helped also. Not only music, but sound design.
 
The sound of the phonecall could have been louder

Acting was less here from one guy.

Watch out for jumpcuts.

And some more sound design stuff would have helped also. Not only music, but sound design.

The sound in the phone... 100% agree! I was actually going to record a piece outside the building to represent that but ran out of time.

The jump cut, yeah you are probably referring to the one where the angle changes right before the move of the chess piece.
I didn't like that one my self but since every other rule was violated, why not do some injustice to that one too.. lol...

And the sound design... oh yeah! sound design needed some serious help... but at the point with just a few hours left before submission time, to come up with a movie out of nowhere...... not much sound designing time left.... :crybaby:

I more made this movie to actually accomplish the fact of submitting something to the fest.
I have been tying for so long to get something in but paid work always took over and left me with no time.

I really appreciate all of you actually taking the time to comment on this!

Thank You guys!

acting was pretty good..interesting concept behind everything.
thanks. lol
 
favorite shot - the outside brick wall in focus while the dude walking into the building is blurry. too funny.

great idea. the poor guy, he looks way too nice to be even sitting there in the first place. his deadpan made this thing work even better. Juan Ramirez De La Something Or Other.

nice work for improv!

are you going to film your intended movie? hope so!!
 
Luis... you succeeded on all levels! This was a rule breaker to the max. I'm totally confused and have no idea what I just watched. Great job!

I nominate you as best actor...loved your performance.
 
Last edited:
I too was confused, until I read your thread. I did like the acting and it was an interesting experience. Well done.
 
Ummm..... you broke all the rules and in doing so broke my heart. I couldn't really follow this.

Now I see that it was all intended. I'll have to watch it again but I can't at the moment. Still, I feel betrayed so nice work. :)

LOL!

MAH
 
Lol, and here I was just about to go on & on about how you needed to watch your thirds in framing, crossing over the line, etc. ... and I see it was all on purpose.

I also see there was no script, and all just improved. Well, heck, with that ... not really sure what else to say. :) Good job on getting something in, and you certainly did a bang of job of destroying the camera rules, so well done! :) Makes me want to watch it again now...
 
I'm totally confused and have no idea what I just watched. Great job!

LMAO!!!!!

Lol, and here I was just about to go on & on about how you needed to watch your thirds in framing, crossing over the line, etc. ... and I see it was all on purpose.

I also see there was no script, and all just improved. Well, heck, with that ... not really sure what else to say. :) Good job on getting something in, and you certainly did a bang of job of destroying the camera rules, so well done! :) Makes me want to watch it again now...

OMG! I can't stop laughing at these comments! LOL!!!

I'm trying to see if someone catches on to the line towards the end where I say:

"In this business we're crossing all the lines, we're pushing 180 to get this material out"

lol....
 
I promise to review this one today. Been a wicked two days full of busiment and other made-up words that mean "I haven't had time."
 
I promise to review this one today. Been a wicked two days full of busiment and other made-up words that mean "I haven't had time."

no worries... we all know how that goes! I'm there like every day!
thanks for stopping by real quick :)
 
Luis i liked this a lot, it had a certain charm. You guys have dope accents and you played the gangster parts perfectly. in response to this quote:

"I more made this movie to actually accomplish the fact of submitting something to the fest."

i do the same, throw together a last minute entry, so i really appreciate where you are coming from. I also appreciate the improv of it all, as most of my previous entries have been improved
or written on the spot. yeah you have some technical problems here and there, but i care about story, and your simple story was perfect for me.

on a side note, i think you should expand on this, these characters, and shoot more footy and make this larger.
my 2 cents.
 
Congrats on getting this done on time.

Very cool that you improvised this whole thing. I also loved the way you had a story within a story, using film terms to talk about this deal - while demonstrating many of those terms in your shots.

Once again, it's cool to see another Jersey filmmaker. Best of luck in the fest.
 
Luis i liked this a lot, it had a certain charm. You guys have dope accents and you played the gangster parts perfectly. in response to this quote:

"I more made this movie to actually accomplish the fact of submitting something to the fest."

i do the same, throw together a last minute entry, so i really appreciate where you are coming from. I also appreciate the improv of it all, as most of my previous entries have been improved
or written on the spot. yeah you have some technical problems here and there, but i care about story, and your simple story was perfect for me.

on a side note, i think you should expand on this, these characters, and shoot more footy and make this larger.
my 2 cents.

Wow! Greatly appreciate your comments!
Thank you!
yeah you have some technical problems here and there
lol... Hopefully a lot more than "some here and there" lol...



Congrats on getting this done on time.

Very cool that you improvised this whole thing. I also loved the way you had a story within a story, using film terms to talk about this deal - while demonstrating many of those terms in your shots.

Once again, it's cool to see another Jersey filmmaker. Best of luck in the fest.
Glad you noticed that...
Thanks for taking the time to comment.

You know I just feel like if I'm going to make a normal movie I can do that any day of the week. So why not take this opportunity to make something different and not normal.

Like I'm really considering making the next movie normal, but shoot it on my iPhone. You know this way again... it's just not normal.
I like different, weird, strange, crazy and just simply why? :happy:

So with that said.... Bring it on summer fest!!! :grin:

I have my 35mm Adapter on my 3GS ready to go! (not!)
 
And I get it, breakin' the rules!

And I get it, breakin' the rules!

Yep, got it.

Looked good! Sounded good! Twisted my eyes around. So many things you can do with film making. Thanks for entering this.
 
Back
Top