The RED Scarlet

I was talking about the Panasonic one.

When the new HVX or the Scarlett comes, I will most certainly compare both, purchase one of them (or the HPX?) and sell my HVX.
 
You should look at Siniarch's monitor! You might find it is all you need and save a few grand for the camera :)

Hey, Overland, thanks for the info!
 
My perfect camera would be similar to an HVX, with variable frame rates from 1-300fps at full HD as well as time lapse features, with a full frame 35mm sensor and nikon lense mounts. That's just me though.
 
hehe... I'll take "only" 150fps a little more dynamic range, no noise and removable lenses. I don't care if I have to buy a special mount for the lenses and pay an additional $2000... it also doesn't have to be any tougher than the HVX or have a better built in monitor... I want "a great head for a little more"


hey, you got me day-dreaming now HBlack... shame on you :)
 
They stole my name!!!!!!!!!!

SO the scarlet revolution is coming? Might have to get one and then my business name will be even more relevant. But what is the scarlet? Maybe a new webcam for high resolution video blogging. (yeah kill me, thats not funny).
 
I'd like to see them actually promote a product that they are about to actually release. When did Red One first demo at NAB? 2-3 years ago? And if you order one now, when do you get it, Jan 2009?

If they can announce Scarlet at NAB, and have it ship around summer, that would be a coup for them. (And by "ship" I DON'T mean one at a time spread out over months and months on end while buyers use beta versions. I mean ship the way other companies ship their product. You order one, and it gets to your house in a week. Or you go down to your local dealer, and buy one. You take it home, and it works as fully functional.)
 
Sweet potato pie! I'm making this little piggie squeall!
Interchangeable slr lenses and red's latitude packed into a small slim hot little body. THE portable run & gun digital cinema solution. Give me that with a good price tag and sayonara A1, Hv20, 35mm adapters.
 
The more I think about it, the more I don't want Scarlet to compete with the HVX200 or EX-1 or anything like that. What comes to mind is waiting in line to get one, like everyone's doing with the RED ONE.

Ebay gets flooded with EX-1's and HVX200's and XH-A1's, and we're all standin' around waitin' for the same camera. Especially if it's comin' in under 10k with great options.

Yeah, I'm hopin' for an HV20-Sized Style offering or that Panasonic drops something spectacular on us at the same time during NAB. Canon? Either one of those fellas that way there are more options to choose from.
 
It's less about being ready and more about options. Say Scarlet's the dream HVX form-factor camera? It's got every option we've ever dreamed of AND it's priced to compete with the HVX/EX-1 whatever-whos-its-what's-it? Then it's a no brainer: It's the next revolution that wasn't Panasonic's dealing. It's the next must-have Camera and we're all gonna be in line waitin' for one for quite some time.

S'not like the RED team can pump out hundreds of cameras like Sony, Pana, or Canon. We'll be in a position similar to the current RED ONE reservation holders if not worse?

Thing I'm tryin' to say is that (sounds weird) I hope that it's either a REAL Pocket Professional (again, HV20ish) cam with some neat options to add to your already exisiting main cam... or that Panasonic answers some dreams with their next "prosumer" offering.

I guess NAB isn't that far away.
 
I share the same thoughts. It would benefit them a tremendous amount to make a camera that they can at least somewhat mass produce so people can actually order and buy them in a timely manner. Just announcing another camera with great features, then making people wait for months and months would be terrible.
 
Well, the only thing that has "leaked" is that butt-ugly monster, but I'd kind of like to see an updated one. There are such simple things they could do that would be very nice. Like no tape drive, 8gb of internal memory, a few other things. Though for the most part, the HVX works great the way as is. I think it's more likely they'll have a deal to compete with the EX1 by throwing in an extra 16gb card if you buy between now and May 1st, for example.

It will be nice when the day comes that we see a Panny with greater exposure latitude, even better low light sensitivity, a greater zoom length, a sharper (more pixels) viewfinder, a better compression scheme, while staying in DVCPROHD, but I don't know if this NAB is that time.
 
Well then it sounds more like an HVX-250 type for this NAB then, right?

Do you have a link to that ugly picture? I wanna chekk-it-out
 
If they bring a Sony V-1, DVX, A1 sized camera with full 1920x 1080p sensors, 4:2:2, no rolling shutter, variable frame rates, 10/11 stops of dinamic range, interchangeable lenses or fixed but with a 35mm sized sensor for fantastic DOF and, of course, CF recording, RAW recording, HD LCD built in, HD-SDI out at a weight that is close to those HDV/DV offerings, this will be THE revolution.

And it will, most certainly, push for better products from the competition. If this camera comes out this impressive, and Panasonic introduces something at NAB, conscious of RED, this is indeed the next step for the "independent guerrila cinema revolucion." :)

It will also be interesting to see how Canon responds with the XL line of cameras. Canon is a very big player in the Cmos market. (they have the arguably best Cmos chips for DSLR's). How this will affect the next gen XL's is everyone's guess, but is always something to watch out for!

Anyhow, if Panasonic comes up with a P2, 2/3 ccd fixed lens, variable frame rates camera pixel shifted in an HVX form factor, I would still get it. But it has to be Pal/Ntsc switchable!
 
Sounds great, if they are actually going to produce and release such a thing in a timely manner. If we're left looking at a plastic box, and they'll start going into production that is on a one-at-a-time basis, in about a year or two, where you end up on a waiting list to wait another undisclosed period of time...
 
I've read at the Red forum that once Scarlet is out there won't be a waiting list like with Red One.
 
Yeah Jim mentioned not shipping one out until they had a few built I believe.

-Kegan
 
Back
Top