The pre-order impatiently waiting list :)

  • Thread starter Thread starter G.P.
  • Start date Start date
. . .

I got my F3 so quick because I knew that I wanted it since the day they announced the specifications in November, and when I was ready to make a deposit I started calling sales departments personally, and checking on their lists. I got lucky, and was able to land EC Pro's #1 slot for the PMW-F3L.

PMW-F3s are slowly trickling in to our store. I believe all Sony F3 dealers placed big orders.

You should definitely place your pre-orders as soon as you can. Hopefully from us =)

Here's some photos I took today. We had one of our customer's PMW-F3K here and we were trying out the Vocas Mattebox. He does a lot of run & gun work, the vocas mattebox system is very light.

boxed-f3.jpg

unboxed-f3.jpg

Vocas MB-255 Clip-on, waiting for Height adjustable barsadapter to come in so we can test it on rails.
vocas-f3.jpg

Other notes:

SxS Adapter MxR w/ Transcend 32GB worked.
Can't have both HD-SDI and HDMI outputs at the same time.
 

Attachments

  • lab-f3.jpg
    lab-f3.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 0
Hi James,
During the run and gun scene at night, did you go hand held or did you have a stabilizer? If one was to shoot with the F3 would a form of stabilization be needed at all time? Not sure if the question makes sense. Thanks

I was handheld for pretty much all of that night stuff. I was flying solo, and it was so crowded, I didn't want to keep track of the tripod. And there's plenty of footage that I didn't post, because I didn't get it right.

I had a Zacuto V3 Universal Baseplate on the bottom. Added a little more heft to it, and gave me more of a "butt" to ram into my shoulder. When possible, I took advantage of walls and such to lean into.

I'm working on rigging a better shouldermount for it, but I need to buy a longer set of rails.
 
Thanks for sharing. You've really tempted me to put in a order myself. One more question if you don't mind. The Sony lenses do the focus rings rotate freely? I remember reading comments from others who were testing the cameras who mentioned it was not as smooth as they would like. Thanks again for your time James.
 
Thanks for sharing. You've really tempted me to put in a order myself. One more question if you don't mind. The Sony lenses do the focus rings rotate freely? I remember reading comments from others who were testing the cameras who mentioned it was not as smooth as they would like. Thanks again for your time James.

I wasn't using the Sony kit lenses...

I rented some LOMO Illuminas.
 
Thanks for sharing. You've really tempted me to put in a order myself. One more question if you don't mind. The Sony lenses do the focus rings rotate freely?

They rotate with a resistance that similar to the lenses on the EX1 & EX3 cameras that is both the focus and the iris rings. A lot of the hollywood style cine lenses are incredibly stiff.
 
I got the call from bandpro, finally my camera will be ready to ship to me by Tuesday! To add to the excitment, our first feature film with the F3 will be shot in Africa :)
 
Back
Top