The Charl(Y)ie Factor...A Joystick Films Production.

Maybe if you threw in some jokes. Or sexed it up, wait that didn't work for Zazza.:nads: You know some puppets couldn't hurt...... wait is this how we got Gigli?
 
this was probably in the top 10 for me. That sucks it didn't make it. The only thing that possibly killed it for me is the very ending. Up until that point it was a top 5 movie or even higher. But the very end goofed it up a bit for several reasons:

1. up until that point the shadowy figure approaching was done very frighteningly and brilliantly. Then when he kills the guy and you see his face, it sort of ruined it because the guy looked was trying to look creepy but unfortunately looked mildly retarded/autistic instead...no offense but it just made me laugh when you see his face at the end.

2. the shot itself, I know it was silenced and all but was way too low for me and kind of blew the big surprise moment. It was sort of supposed to jolt you but instead I barely heard a mouse squeak sort of thing and only afterwards realized that was supposed to be the silencer noise.

3. the lady's acting up until that point was very good and convincing. But right when her man is shot she is very unconvincing in that she doesn't appear to even be surprised nor shocked about the fact that her boyfriend just got gunned down in her own living room.

Basically to sum it up, there was this insane suspense building with the single most ingenious "device" of the festival (the split screen that turns into 3), and in my opinion one of the best sound tracks as well and right at the climax where it was supposed to all come together brilliantly, the ball was dropped and the film sort of went out in a whimper instead of a bang. It didn't ruin it completely as I still think it was probably top 10 worthy but if somehow you could reshoot a bit of the ending (basically the assailant's face and then the woman's face) you could really have something here (in my opinion)
 
^Thank you Homunculus. I'm finishing up the re-edit and I have a bunch of takes of everything. I appreciate you putting me in your faves. I will get it together and it's posts like yours and some others that I need to grow as a filmmaker. Thank you again, I so appreciated that.

And yes it does suck:Drogar-Shock(DBG): but only a little.
 
I really liked how you did that infamous michael myers head rotation thing with the killer leading up to the end. It was very effective and creepy but it's just at the very end his face looks too happy/jubilant and innocuous rather than frightening or scary. When it's a close up on his face I feel it should be the most terrifying moment of the film in some senses but it sort of lets off steam because his face just seems too unfrightening and then when it cuts to her face that should be horrified (I'm assuming) she only seems mildly disturbed by the whole turn of events ...but other than that this was one of the most brilliant flicks of the fest and was a big shame for me that the end dropped the ball like that but like I said if you redo it somehow then it could still have great potential...oh and I do agree with what others siad, there seemed to be a crossing the line breaking the 180 rule and all that with the screens so I agree that in the middle section the screens should be flipped so that it looks more like the two actors are looking at each other.
 
Back
Top