Recession, a film by Nils David Peterson

nils_dvx

Member


poster-recession.jpg


Recession
a film by Nils David Peterson


Tagline:
"Lunch and Recession at the P&S Restaurant"

www.nilsdavidpeterson.net

​
 
Last edited:
Crew

Crew

The crew for Recession comes from a new group of young filmmakers who I am working with to form a production company called Godbrother Films (www.godbrotherfilms.org). The group began when my son's Godbrother, Milton, who is a senior in High School (my son is 3) asked me to work with him on a documentary he was putting together to address his take on the welfare system. The documentary came out well, and the crew began to grow. William joined up for this shoot, and Mitchell was a part of the welfare documentary. It is a great crew and I love the opportunity to provide an opportunity for youth from Chicago to express themselves through film. The next story is coming from one of the guys on the crew. (here are some shots from the filming day).

Recession-017.jpg


Recession-021.jpg


Recession-029.jpg


Recession-031.jpg
 
Last edited:
Cast & Location

Cast & Location

In the case of this film, the cast and location are very closely related. When I approached P&S Restaurant in Chicago about using their location for the film, it became clear that the best cast would be the staff and regulars from the restaurant. Britney and Mary were extremely helpful in coordinating for the day of filming, and Les and Steve jumped right in on the day of the shoot. Thanks everyone! Here are some shots from the day.

Recession-018.jpg


Recession-019.jpg


Recession-023.jpg


Recession-028.jpg


Recession-031.jpg
 
Last edited:
Production

Production

Production for "Recession" came together pretty quickly. It has been a long time since I have put together a short narrative film, and I have wanted to enter a DVX fest for a while.

Here are some glimpses of the set, and storyboards ...

Recession-014.jpg


Recession-016.jpg


Recession-020.jpg


Recession-024.jpg


Recession-030.jpg


StoryBoard-angle1.jpg


StoryBoard-angle2.jpg


StoryBoard-angle3.jpg
 
Last edited:
banner

banner

Thanks Rodney! I've got my banner up now. (and thanks for the info on posting etiquette too -- I'm getting pretty excited about my first DVXfest!)
 
Welcome! What camera is that? Is it a DVX? Nice to see folks still sportin that one. They're still great cameras.
 
looks like I'm the first to leave a review!

first off - a big congrats on getting your film submitted!

spoilers....


i thought the faded 1970's look was a neat choice to present the town. neat intro with the sign and with the definition of recession.

i didnt see the end coming. the old man stiffed the check! jeez! one problem i had - i didn't really root for anyone in the piece. i did feel bad for the waitress but maybe not as much as i would've if you played her character out a bit more. she obviously works hard as you showed her running from here to there - which is kinda off considering there were only two customers in the place.
maybe you wanted only to depict the end results of a nasty recession in where an old man needs to steal to feed himself. then in that end, the film works.

again, a big congrats on submitting!
 
Back
Top