Odyssey RAW Bundle upgrade

But i have got buyed fs700 and Odyssey 7Q
I think i will be don't change this setup for next 10 years. :)
I only need fs700 raw option. 200USD it's more money for me fot this same for i want.
If i will be can buy fs raw option for $795 or bundle for $995 i will be choose $795 option, because i'm really happy with setup fs700+odyssey 7Q.
I dont need 8K and i don't must change camera. :)
 
C'Mon! I only need fs700 raw option. This is no fair. In east Europe this is more money. My target it's a new long time...to wait :(
I buy Odyssey 7Q because i know my upgrade will be cost 795 USD no 995 USD. :(

The Odyssey7Q and then Odyssey7Q+ were shipping and available for more than 16 months prior to making this change in the purchase of RAW functionality. Times change.
 
But i have got buyed fs700 and Odyssey 7Q
I think i will be don't change this setup for next 10 years. :)
I only need fs700 raw option. 200USD it's more money for me fot this same for i want.
If i will be can buy fs raw option for $795 or bundle for $995 i will be choose $795 option, because i'm really happy with setup fs700+odyssey 7Q.
I dont need 8K and i don't must change camera. :)
If you are really not going to change your kit for 10 years, then the added cost is just $20/year or 18.3 cents per day. That's a pretty low cost.
 
If you are really not going to change your kit for 10 years, then the added cost is just $20/year or 18.3 cents per day. That's a pretty low cost.
But $995 instead of $795 can make the difference of being able to afford it to begin with or not. Or at least take a couple of months extra before you can afford it... $200 is not peanuts to everybody.
 
But i buy Odyssey 7Q in 6.01.2015 with 2x ssd 256GB
And i think i can buy for 795 USD fs700 raw option

I really don't need a Canon RAW option and others. :(
Please back fs700 raw option back for $795

Maybe for your it's only 200usd but I must make 3 comercial to get money for this. No every body live in USA ;-)
And i don't know my Odyssey 7Q will be work 10 years :D - I have got guarantee to 2016 year only ;p

I do not have luck with your product. I pay this same for 7Q + SSD like mounth ago 7Q+ + 2xfree ssd
And you change price for fs raw option from 795 to 995. i have got sad live..:(

Times change. For bad :(
 
I plan to use my 7Q for a looooong time. I felt it was a better investment than the camera (to be honest). When I bought my 7Q I paid pretty much $5K Cdn all in. Hopefully CD will continue to support raw output from new cameras for the foreseeable future. Maybe my next camera will be Canon, maybe someday I'll rent an ARRI. As far as being a long term useful tool, I think the $200 is well spent.

If $200 is going to swing a purchase for you, I think you might be fishing in the wrong waters...
 
Not that anyone asked, but I agree with seanmc on this one.

Its all about bout making investments within the budget of your business at a given time. If you can't afford, the $200, then perhaps just wait until you're at a point where it mak a sense for you.

I'm not saying I like the idea of prices rising, but that's the reality of business. CD has the right to do that. I fact, in some ways it was a price reduction. For me, I already own a fs700 license. Now, I'm being given a discount on the other licenses. A huge discount. I'm definitely buying the rest for $200. Of course, this is not the case for everyone and I can understand the dissatisfaction. However, even though we should feel free to talk about these things in forums and such, it is rather unprofessional to request that they change their new model. In the end, vote with your wallet. If cd looses profit on this, then that might be incentive enough for them to change back. With that said, I don't think this will be too big a deal for their target audience. I'm certainly gonna vote with my wallet. Im gonna get it.

I say all of this with full respect to all of the other posts, and I respect anyone feeling left out in the cold about this. I just don't think its...how should I say...well, I don't know what else to say, really. I will say that I'm not a cd fanboy. But I think the perspective of not being able to afford their new investment track does not speak to CD's business model, but instead, of ones financial and professional circumstances. Know what I mean?
 
Last edited:
From my point of view, the US$ 200 Upgrade path from FS RAW to the RAW bundle is a fair price. But I do not agree with that sort of take-it-now-or-leave-it-forever policy. Rushing customers is a strange flavor of calling a company client-minded.

I would suggest that CD continues to offer an upgrade path beyond June 30th, maybe raising the price. Seen from today, an upgrade raises from US$ 200 to US$ 990. Offering a long-term upgrade price of US$ 300 e.g. would match my expectation better. Then, there is a significant bonus to upgrade now. And those, who cannot foresee their future demand (or cannot afford now) might wait, but not loose their whole FS RAW investment later. That's what happens, if you need to upgrade in July - you pay for the FS RAW option a second time.

I am owner of an Odyssey7Q and I do not know, if my next A camera will be compatible to my current recorder. Maybe, I will need 12G-SDI, maybe improved HDMI, maybe an Odyssey14octo-recorder for beyond 4K. That is my point of pain in this game.
 
Last edited:
Well I'm new in this busines... More credits bank for FS700, standard lens, 2xssd, Odyssey 7Q.

I'm live in east Europe and for price Odyssey 7Q i pay extra + 13% duty + 23% VAT for SSD this same. And all x4. This is really more money for people in east europe - for your Odyssey 7Q cost 1795$ but for me it's like 9979,48 USD - really! xD

I have 595USD at this moment and boom sorry you can not buy fs700 RAW option you must pay 200usd more for this same what you need.
It's will be nice to see 60 days extra to buy fs700raw option for 795usd

Well for me it's reall cold busines ;)

And when i buy Odyssey 7Q in awesome promotion i add 2x ssd and i pay this same like Odyssey 7Q+ and 2xfree ssd. And A7R will be never work nice via HDMI to Odyssey 7Q and I'm sad :(

I feel cheated in every moment. Sorry.
 
Last edited:
Well I'm new in this busines... More credits bank for FS700, standard lens, 2xssd, Odyssey 7Q.

I'm live in east Europe and for price Odyssey 7Q i pay extra + 13% duty + 23% VAT for SSD this same. And all x4. This is really more money for people in east europe - for your Odyssey 7Q cost 1795$ but for me it's like 9979,48 USD - really! xD

I have 595USD at this moment and boom sorry you can not buy fs700 RAW option you must pay 200usd more for this same what you need.
It's will be nice to see 60 days extra to buy fs700raw option for 795usd

Well for me it's reall cold busines ;)

And when i buy Odyssey 7Q in awesome promotion i add 2x ssd and i pay this same like Odyssey 7Q+ and 2xfree ssd. And A7R will be never work nice via HDMI to Odyssey 7Q and I'm sad :(

I feel cheated in every moment. Sorry.

I feel your pain but you can hardly blame CD for the cost of living/working in eastern europe. Your location is what's cheating you.
 
I am owner of an Odyssey7Q and I do not know, if my next A camera will be compatible to my current recorder. Maybe, I will need 12G-SDI, maybe improved HDMI, maybe an Odyssey14octo-recorder for beyond 4K. That is my point of pain in this game.

THIS. All of this.

While I have no doubt CD will endeavour to support whatever they can in the future, just as the 7Q+ update, there could/will be hardware changes. I think that's quite some ways away though.

My thought is that 4K isn't mainstream yet. I doubt I will "need" more than 4K raw at 60fps for quite a while. This was also my thought when I decided on the FS700 and resolution/fr wise, I feel it was the right decision. Color science wise...I'm still not sure.

Especially if Dolby's plans for ultra wide dynamic range become the new "must have", then we might all be starting from scratch again!
 
These are not things that upset me though. Better equipment coming out and better standards are something that are exciting to me. My FS700/O7Q can still produce the types of images that myself and my clients are loving on their 10bit HD LED/Plasma viewing platforms. My business model is built around that. However, I'm slowly saving money so that when all my clients are on 4k ultra wide dynamic range viewing platforms, I will also be able to upgrade to equipment that will shine in those circumstances.

I have no false illusions that my FS700 nor my odyssey hardware will be infinitely "future proof". Of course, I imagine that my 7Q will outlast my fs700, but if and when it no longer fits my business plan, than its time to re-invest. I don't see that as a problem at all. I think it's exciting. Of course, this type of business growth/hardware turn over needs to be considered and executed carefully, because these are some of the most difficult stages in a business. If you make a wrong move and just one other element does not work out in your favor, your business can go belly up.

Im working in the U.S., so I have the advantage of being a bit more free with my spending. But I'm from Brasil, where imported goods are subject to the highest tax/mark-ups in the world. So I can empathize with eastern-Europeans. But again, our business models need to account for our local markets and our own budgets.
 
I'm well aware of that I might not be the target buyer for CD/O7Q. But I'm also one that would have bought one half a year ago if it wasn't for the cost of the license. So it was a lost sale for CD.

To me, filming isn't only about making money, it's a passion. I want to create beautiful images. My current clients wouldn't pay any more if I had an O7Q. I want it because *I* want to create better images, not because I need it to make money. It would probably take a year before I would see any increased income because I had one. That's why I can't justify the price of one.
In many ways it is also overkill for me. At this point, all I want is 10bits. If the FS700 recorded 10bit XAVC I wouldn't even be considering the 7Q. So in that regard, at the price the 7Q is now, it almost makes more sense selling the FS700 and putting that money towards an FS7 instead. Unfortunately that is currently out of my reach as well.

I think the $200 upgrade to get all the licenses is absolutely fair. But the reason I'm not owning a 7Q (but coveting it very much) is the high cost of entry, and the new price made that cost of entry $200 more. Which to me means $200 more likely I won't get one. (I am an artist with highly irregular income so I only buy equipment when I can pay them in full at once).
 
I'm well aware of that I might not be the target buyer for CD/O7Q. But I'm also one that would have bought one half a year ago if it wasn't for the cost of the license. So it was a lost sale for CD.

To me, filming isn't only about making money, it's a passion. I want to create beautiful images. My current clients wouldn't pay any more if I had an O7Q. I want it because *I* want to create better images, not because I need it to make money. It would probably take a year before I would see any increased income because I had one. That's why I can't justify the price of one.
In many ways it is also overkill for me. At this point, all I want is 10bits. If the FS700 recorded 10bit XAVC I wouldn't even be considering the 7Q. So in that regard, at the price the 7Q is now, it almost makes more sense selling the FS700 and putting that money towards an FS7 instead. Unfortunately that is currently out of my reach as well.

I think the $200 upgrade to get all the licenses is absolutely fair. But the reason I'm not owning a 7Q (but coveting it very much) is the high cost of entry, and the new price made that cost of entry $200 more. Which to me means $200 more likely I won't get one. (I am an artist with highly irregular income so I only buy equipment when I can pay them in full at once).

dimitrizigani,

I'm definitely not trying to argue with you. I'm an artist too. http://abreu-canedo.com
I understand passion and art.

I'm just adding my two cents to the conversation. But that's not to invalidate your opinion or feelings about the situation. I totally get that you may not want it as a business investment. That's not the only way to think about it. But also as you stated, it does come down to budget. With that said, I'm sure some used units will turn up in your side of the world, which might make the entry price more affordable for you. And when that happens, I'll be looking forward to what you make with it!

But your equipment list on your signature suggests you're not doing so bad at all. If you're smart about selling some of it, you could probably afford a 7Q. Or who knows, even an FS7! :)
 
I feel your pain but you can hardly blame CD for the cost of living/working in eastern europe. Your location is what's cheating you.

I dont have got problem with location - i can live here and make money and have happy family too. I don't must go to USA and take your work. When i buy Odyssey 7Q i have got promissed FS RAW option for $795 no "AWESOME bundle" $995 what i don't need it because in next 3-4 years Odyssey 7Q maybe be to old to record in 16 bits for example in 12k....;)

Really i must make money in my work too, no every time invest money for what i don't use never in my life. I never buy camera for 8000USD and sell for 1500USD because OMG canon make no 4K but make 8k.... but all my customers have got only 2K TV...;) In this forum people make "awesome" busines - buying camera for 8k$ and sell in next year for 3,5k$

My last camera Sony HVR-Z1 fight with me 7 years. But times changes - today fs700 + odyssey 7Q and raw option in next 6 year only camera :)

I feel cheated i buy Odyssey 7Q knowing about upgrade for $795
And typing i have 16mth to buy it is very unprofessional - because i buy it in 2015... and you change price from day to day.
 
I can't seem to find the $200 upgrade option to buy...

Does upgrading on the website work? I contacted support as well but haven't heard back...
 
It should be on your dashboard. If not, the best bet is to contact Erich in our office directly. He was away last week so it is possible that we just haven't been able to free an appropriate person to address this for you. But if you give him a call at 720-221-3861 during business hours Mountain time, he should be able to address this for you in a couple of minutes.
 
Same for me, I can't see the upgrade option or my unit in My Devices. I emailed support 2 times without any response. With the deal ending tomorrow, it would be nice to get an answer from CD support.
 
FYI, my account didn't have my device or registration when I looked at my dashboard. I called CD and Erich was able to pull my information from the database and put it in the new site. I was then able to buy the upgrade with no issues.
 
Back
Top