Big Brother
Carbonite Member
1. I hope its compatible for AVC100/50 1080/50i recording
2. How does it gets mounted on AB Mount batts or recorders
Views invited !
2. How does it gets mounted on AB Mount batts or recorders
Views invited !
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
No possible way will 100mbps long-GOP MPEG-2 be better than AVC-I @ 100mbps. But it would almost certainly be better than DVCPRO-HD, and should be better than AVC-I 50mbps..
Avid are able to do that with Avc intra.Another factor to consider is editing in general. I believe that it is safe to say that at this time, our MPEG files are easier to edit than AVC-Intra. Our files can just be dropped onto a HD timeline and edited without any transcoding.
Dan,
I understand that the XDR, off the shelf right now, is an 8 bit, Long Gop, Sony codec. But with a future firmware upgrade, the XDR is poised to do uncompressed 10 bit - that does indicate the XDR is hardware capable of 10 bit.
Thus, would the XDR be able to hardware handle a future 10 bit compressed codec if you were able to license one (like if you and Cineform shook hands for example)?
I realize this is all speculative, but it is a cool & unique feature that your little box has the potential of "future proofing" via a firmware codec upgrade...
Thanks,
Lonnie
Avid are able to do that with Avc intra.
One issue with the EX1+recorder, the ergonomics for hand held use are...well...to be modest not good at all.
Lots of editors support AVC-Intra files on the timeline, including Avid and EDIUS and higher-up. It's not yet the case to be able to do that with FCP or Adobe.
Dear Christian,
Agreed, it is very difficult to mount anything, including the Flash XDR, on a Sony EX1.
The Flash XDR can be used with the EX1 in other configurations, such as in a backpack, or belt mounted. (This may work for some but not others, so this is not a universal solution). We have a wired remote control to make this feasible.
For some, the Flash XDR does not need to be mounted on the camera at all.