-DVX100b-

Contact Rush at EVS for a "street" price. It's less than the msrp...

Panny makes a nice little gs400 that might become their hdv line. They will have an hdv cam, it just may not be the dvx.
 
Josh_Boelter said:
With Panasonic announcing that the 100a rebate is going from $300 to $500, it sounds like they want to move out their remaining stock of the 100a. I assume this is to make room for the 100b. I don't suppose anyone has heard any more details about the 100b?

aha! my, not very impressive, theory is correct! im sure that they are indeed trying to clear out the stock. looks like the 100b should have some improvements...
anyone have any info? were desperate here. i dont want to be stuck with the same camera that i could have payed at least $500 less for.
 
stufferino said:
aha! my, not very impressive, theory is correct! im sure that they are indeed trying to clear out the stock. looks like the 100b should have some improvements...
anyone have any info? were desperate here. i dont want to be stuck with the same camera that i could have payed at least $500 less for.

I wouldn't say you would be stuck with the 100B.I really don't think you'll be able to do anything any different with the 100B as opposed to the 100A, except you could probably get a tripod or a wireless mic with the $500 you would save with getting the 100A.:thumbsup: The only question is when do you need the camera? 2 days from now or 2 months from now? Don't try and keep up with the technology , you'll drive yourself crazy.
 
Jan_Crittenden said:
The reality is that we have hit a plateau in the manufacturing that allow this to happen, and for the last of its run we want to take every sale back from the gray market guys. Spread the word, please.

damn. well i can still hope...
if i wont have the money for a month-month and a half, should i just wait for the 100b? or go with the 100a once i collect the money? i know its insane to wait for the tech because there will ALWAYS be something better that will eventually be cheaper, but if im waiting, should i just keep on waiting?
 
If the 100B has just ONE measly little P2 slot.....that would be super cool!! But I wouldn't hold my breath for something that extravagant. Some improvements are almost a given though. Otherwise, why even bother? I know, I know....they gotta "Get the Lead Out".....yeah.....right!! I got it !! :)

~reservoir~
 
ok, im at the end of the line here. should i really just give up all hope that the 100b is gonna have anything that the 100a doesnt have? someone just tell me so i can give up hope and start to get the money together for the 100a while the rebate still lasts instead of waiting for the 100b to come out.

also, if anyone knows, what is the official price on the 100a with rebate and dvxuser discount at evs? ive heard such good stuff about this company that i feel i have to buy from them.
 
I would imagine it's going to be no different. All we have really heard is that it is going to have a slightly different color and will have some part changes due to lead restrictions in some sell zones.
 
Stufferino, I'd say just be patient, unless you need it for a job. I doubt they'd have a rebate and a new model name just to change the color scheme and manufacturing process, but then again, I think it's silly to hope they'd add P2, 16:9 chips and DVCPRO50 and just change the suffix to 'B'. :grin:

I'm sure there are mostly going to be a number of enhancements to the 100A, which in turn, featured enhancements to the original DVX100. If there's a specific reason you want to wait for an unknown number of weeks/months and give up a $500 price break (plus bonuses), then wait for the 100B. Otherwise, you're just going to go crazy waiting for the next new thing. :thumbsup:
 
yea, well i guess i have to come clean. the truth is that i dont REALLY have the money to spend on the 100a at the moment and that ive been trying to convince myself that i can wait for the 100b and i can take my time saving. so unless i fall into about $800 very quickly, i dont see myself getting even a 100a with the rebate quickly, unless i take on another job for a month.
i guess im stuck waiting, even if there isnt going to be anything that exciting with the new model...
 
Pais said:
If there's a specific reason you want to wait for an unknown number of weeks/months and give up a $500 price break (plus bonuses), then wait for the 100B. Otherwise, you're just going to go crazy waiting for the next new thing. :thumbsup:

Word! :thumbsup:

Couldn' have said it better myself. We don't have the marketing bulletin or pricing yet, but when I get it, it will be up here. :cheesy:
 
Is the DVX100b going to have any kind of rebate? My guess is no but it doesn't hurt to ask. Did the 100A have any type of rebate when it first came out? Like many people I am weighing whether or not or not to buy the 100A with the great rebate or wait for the 100b. From the sound of things it doesn't seem like I can go wrong either way.
 
There was no rebate on the DVX100A when it first came out. In fact, the DVX100A cost $200 more than the DVX100 did.

I would certainly not expect there to be any rebate on the 100B when it first becomes available.
 
Where did this DVX100B rumor came from anyway? I've been browsing the entire web looking for any official reliable news on it and all I've found was forum posts (not the most reliable source)
 
Barry_Green said:
Well, "need" is a strong word. If you were choosing between a Sony FX1 (with its native 16:9 chips) or a 4:3-chip DVX100A (in 25p/thin/squeeze), which do you think will produce the better, higher-res image for your standard-def broadcast?

If you're talking about shooting 50i, then yes, the FX1 would have the advantage clearly. But if you're shooting film-style 25p, the Squeeze-mode DVX is already directly competitive, just as high-resolution, and then offers all the other bonuses too (cinegamma, latitude, sensitivity etc).

If your goal is to get full-resolution 16:9 footage, with a filmlike feel, the DVX is already absolutely and thoroughly competitive. It already puts out images that are as high-res as that "native 16:9" camera does.*

As far as the US, I do believe you're right on that -- looks like we're not even going to bother with 16:9 SDTVs. I doubt we'll ever see a 16:9 standard-def broadcast in the US.

*granted the DVX/Squeeze isn't as high-res as an XL2 in 24p/NORM/16:9, but then again that mode threatens to introduce interlace line flicker/twitter. The DVX/Squeeze delivers as much resolution as an interlaced television can handle without twitter.

I can't believe you said that, Barry (even if it's a long time ago)...

the BBC won't even accept it for broadcasting...
 
Can't speak for the BBC. Over here there are no 16:9 broadcasts in standard-def so it's a non-issue.

But I'm curious which part you can't believe. I stand by everything I said there...
 
actually there are quite a few shows that broadcast 16:9 via letterbox at SD on 4:3 televisions. For example, NBC broadcasts ER, Westwing and Conan O'brian all in 16:9 letteboxed format.
 
Letterboxed 4:3, yes. But the broadcast is 4:3.

No 16:9 signal is broadcast anywhere in the US (except for HD, of course).
 
actually, that is incorrect. Fox broadcasts many shows in what it calls EDTV widescreen.. mostly over Satellite but that still counts as broadcasting. It is a true 16:9 squeeze.
 
And Conan is shot HD.. it's only aired letterboxed on the SD feed (duh)

..Interestingly enough, Leno is also shot HD, but it's aired as Pan&Scan on SD..it airs right before conan on the same network.. one P&S and the other Letterbox.. go figure.

- Mikko
 
Back
Top