Tom Marshall
Actor!!!!!!
I said Motley Crue t-shirt, not Billy Ray Cyrus.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
damn i sleep for 13 hours and you guys start an entire thread and continue on with the arse...
yes i'm wearing pants....
as well as a 1 and only 1st edition TDRP "Robots don't wear pants" tshirt
with a brown blazer over it
typical Rogan style spikey hair
Rogan
hells yah...I'll prolly be in a drunken state and hadn't shaved in a week...(growin the beard-age back out)Paparazzi are drooling over this opportunity. TMZ here you come.
I said Motley Crue t-shirt, not Billy Ray Cyrus.
Good! I thought I was the only one. Although, I must say, I respect Mattykins and Gage for knowing so much about what clothes to wear. I have been trying to figure out what to buy lately as I am starting to think the band t-shirts and jeans aren't cutting it anymore.
Haha, I began to start taking pride in what I wore on a daily basis, and it really started to show after a while. Name brands are cool and all, but like I said before - you can pt together a nice outfit from American Eagle and Apartment 9. Apartment 9 has some really great graphic t's that are akin to some of the designers I mentioned before.
A nice suit would work I am sure Nick. Though I would maybe go with a more trendy shirt and tie if that's what you are considering. You can defenitely add some accented color to the combination and make a pretty nifty get-up. The sport coat can help with that image as well and also draw more attention to the shirt. But it sounds as if you are going without. Either way, I am sure you will be fine.
And shawn, nice slacks should be fine. No worries there.
To nick, the wash isn't all that matters to make it work. I am a fan of medium to darker washes, I would tend to stay away from the solid color carpenter jeans. You can take a look at some of the designers I mentioned to get a better idea.
Tom, clean shirt would be good.I think Gage can slap you around a bit if needed. I'm still here in New York, but hey - Gage can take care of you.
Oh, and if you wear what Rogan mentioned, I will personally come out there and burn said shirt. Don't make me do that. :grin:
Rogan said:typical Rogan style spikey hair
Maybe you girls should start a new thread...then you can talk about your nails & hair too!
JEEEZZZZZZZE....:kiss:
so assless chaps are out of the question...that'd be trademark-able...lolI'd wear whatever you are comfortable in. Not sweat pants and slippers comfortable, but comfortable in terms of "this is me, I look good in this, I don't feel like I'm playing dressup".
It's my understanding that if a writer went to a pitch meeting in a suit and tie he'd look like a noob. For behind the scenes creatives people don't care that you have one suit for job interviews. It's much more important to be yourself and possibly stand out. I mean look at what Kevin Smith wears virtually ALL THE TIME. It's a signature look. And that's something Chris Gore talks about in "The Ultimate Film Fest Survival Guide" - his advice is that you stand out at a festival - have a look. Like Rodriguez's hat, or Kevin Smith's shorts, or whatever, at film fests so as folks are meeting lots of new filmmakers they can remember you easily - oh yeah that slobby fat guy in the shorts, Kevin Smith, right. But again only if it's you. Buying weird glasses or something just to stand out will seem as desperate as wearing a suit.
As for suits and ties and whatnot for Johnson, who's putting on the thing and is more on the business side, great. But for us writer director types, be yourself, make them come to you, unlike a job interview at bank where a suit is a formal requirement, here it could make you seem to eager like showing up for a date in ... well a suit, with a dozen roses, a box of chocolates, a bottle of bubbly, and a Luther Vandross CD. You're too cool for that though. You're gonna wear something YOU like and feel good in because you're not gonna pretend to be someone else, AND ... and ... your film will be peacock enough do for the both of you.
Also it would probably be a good idea for some of us to lower our expectations.
Sure, the head of some studio could be there and give you 10 picture deal, but I wouldn't hold my breath. There could be some industry people there, but it certainly could turn out to be a DVXuser sausage fest + Super Luis's mom (very sweet lady).
Look at this as a DVXuser party where we're gonna watch some cool films and have a few drinks. Anything else is a bonus.
But for us writer director types, be yourself...
...but it certainly could turn out to be a DVXuser sausage fest
I can't believe this thread is still going on. It's gotten kinda wondrous.
it could make you seem to eager like showing up for a date in ... well a suit, with a dozen roses, a box of chocolates, a bottle of bubbly, and a Luther Vandross CD.