C300: C300 MKII: buy now or wait until IBC!

videoshot

Active member
Hi there,our company wants to invest in a new camera and want to buy it by the end of this year. There is a good deal now with Canon 0%financing for 12 or 24 months
and lens rebate, not to mention the €2000 discount from canon offer.
This will be our first Canon camera! we have different Sony cameras and we just bought the FS5. C300 MKii will be most for renting and some of our projects.Is there any reason that should hold me from buying it right now or it's better to wait until after IBC? I was thinking about C300II pricing,could the price tag change by the end of the year!? going up or down! I would hate to lose the good deal (price and 0 rates) i have now from the seller!Thanks​
 
Well as new cameras come out the price won't be going back up....so rule that out from your list of points to help you decide...
 
The deliveries of many cameras will lag their announcements this time.

FWIW, the choice may not be C300MKII now vs. C300MKII later but C300MKII now vs. The Currently Unknown but Potentially Fantastic and Yet Incredibly Cheap Model later. In which case, one need to sleuth around and hope to uncover what is expected for the IBC/PhotoKina.

As to C300MKII, I don't think the price will be lowered again for quite some time.
 
In the US, the zero-percent financing and US$4000 discount on the C300mkII run until Sept 30, 2016. IBC 2016 exhibits open Sept 9. So if you don't have a pressing need for the camera, you could hold off until IBC... If the deals have the same expiration date in Italy (and I don't know if they do).

US Canon discounts/offers for Cinema EOS stuff:
http://cinemaeos.usa.canon.com/promotions/

Good luck!
 
Thank you for your comments.o% on 12/24 rates finance from Canon until the end of this month,i like also the idea of insurance for the camera from dealer/canon. I'll se if can decide this until the end of this month or not..
Thanks
 
Back
Top