ON THE THRESHOLD OF ETERNITY a film by DVXuser chstick

chstick

Threshold-POSTER_03.jpg

Aloha DVXusers,

I've been away for 3 months and have to get my DVX fix again. I was going to post a few days ago, but, as I checked out some TwilightFest threads, I paid witness to some really F-ing good posters. My friend Jon Hall and I tried to whip one out, but neither of us possess the Photoshop skills that I have seen on some or your posters....not even close. I can barely figure out how to attach this poster, lol.

Anyway, in lessons learned from the TimeFest, I was able to devote more time to the TwilightFest entry and it shows. Despite how our film does in the Fest, I am happy merely to improve.

Our film is finished and ready for upload (49.9mb)......and I already own a copy of Stu's book (which is great by the way).

TITLE: "On The Threshold Of Eternity"
DIRECTOR: Chris Haverstick
CAMERA: HVX-200
CAST: Travis Rose, Cynthia Ochoa, Dan Duchai, Frank Landon Hall
PRODUCER: Hank MacCaslin, Chris Haverstick, Jon Hall

more later.....

Last edited:
Perhaps one of the DVXusers can chime in here and tell me how to PROPERLY upload my poster. I guess it's so easy that I couldn't find a thread about it.

Thanks

Welcome to the fest dude. Some of us actually upload to a file hosting site or out own websites and then link to the image from there. That's a possible additional option for you.

Or.... hit the "Go Advanced" tab below the posting window. Then choose the little red "Member Upload Center" button with the arrow (top right above the black posting area).

Upload your jpeg and it will give you a URL. Copy and paste that into your post.

Cheers,

Mike

It should look like this...
I have to say.... your poster image looks a tad stretched.

1224336073.jpg

Thanks for the help everyone.

I had a cameraman gig (for a low budget reality show) and pretty much haven't touched my computer for the past 2-3 months. Almost feels like starting over.
I still can't get over how amazing a lot of the posters look......damn, now I've got to go learn Photoshop!!!!!!

Yea, the image is a little stretched (we stretched it). Like I said earlier, we are not very PS savvy....we actually made the poster with frame grabs and did the poster in AfterEffects. Our poster is certainly not in the same league as a lot of the others, but I am pleased with our result for our first attempt.

Late entry: yes. The last time I was on DVXuser, they had just announced that a "ball" was the "prop". We actually shot the film before I had a chance to check back in and see if anything had changed.

Anyway, I'm happy to be back in DVXuser land.

Thanks again (everyone) for the help

Chris

Thanks for the help everyone.

Yea, the image is a little stretched (we stretched it). Like I said earlier, we are not very PS savvy....we actually made the poster with frame grabs and did the poster in AfterEffects. Our poster is certainly not in the same league as a lot of the others, but I am pleased with our result for our first attempt.

Chris

Hi Chris, same here i'm not a Photoshop savvy either, I used pages to create my poster...Cheers!

Yeah but it's a cool simple concept filthrich

chstk, yeah your poster is def. streched or squeezed depending on how you wanna think about it.

Did you start with an image from the film? If so you have to toggle on or off "correct for aspect ratio" and change the pixel count to be square pixel version of the size of your original video.

If you want help doing that, tell me what format you shot and what camera, like HVX 720p for example.

Poster is still evocative though. Love that we have people tossing their hats into the ring even now. Looking forward to your entry :beer:

Thank you Jack (and everyone) for the helpful advice. However, I will not even get a chance to tinker/adjust/fix the poster for about a week (as I will be away from my editing computer).
I am also a little bummed that I had been far too busy to join in the TwilightFest forums for the past 2-3 months.......but, I am lucky that I had enough time to make a film to submit.

I'm looking forward to all the films (again, the posters are amazing!).

Thanks again

Chris

Maybe it's stretched because the guy is in the Twilightfest Zone..... :evil:

Can't wait to see it. I like the title. Sounds like my kind of movie.

Opening was rediculous lol, Ending was definitely in the vein of twilight zone. The shot from the condo, interior looking out over the balcony, was what stood out for me though. Nice work

I like your use of time-laps from the balcony shot. The music was a bit much for my taste but I really liked your ending.

:beer:

Chris, first off, love the poster. I liked this film. The shots at the condo with the sky as the backdrop were simply amazing. I thought you had a good story and that music at the very end was very creepy. The only thing that didn't seem right on was the echoey voice throughout the piece. When you finally show whose voice that is, the echo is fine, but I think in the beginning of the piece it may have sounded better if there was no echo or very little, IMHO. But that's all I saw, so very nice work!

Back