Zombie Films - Progress

Guys, I'm in such a bind right now. I've got easily 15 hours of studying ahead of me before exams tomorrow... and I've got my edit done, I had three different people score it... all three of them turned out beautiful and I don't know which one to use :( Crap. I am failing out of college because of this. lol
 
OUCH, tough one! I've got your solution ... lemme' see if I can remember how it goes. Oh yeah "Eenie Meenie Minee Moe, catch a tiger by it's toe, if it hollers make it pay .... " Well, you get the idea.

That's actually a great problem to have (three scores that are all great). Have someone unbiased watch/listen to them all, and see if they can choose. Good luck.
 
It looks like I'll be using QT with H.264 after all. I tried WMV, and it just didnt show up right, although the file size is tremendously small. I'm playing around with different settings to see if I can get it 35mb. I'm at 50 right now. lol.
 
I ended up mixing them together... so there are the three scores, plus the little bits I personally scored. I think it flows together decently.
 
Well, I'm out... I said I would upload it in any case, no matter how bad the result might be and I spent last 20 hours in AE/FCP, but I just can't submit this. There is NO score at all yet and any kind of sound mix has yet to be done (that and the fact that the thing is just ugly thanx to the light; hence the reshoot planned on saturday... oh and I have yet to make subtitles and it's already 7 am here). There is really no point for it to be in the voting list. I'll rather finish it, at least somewhat, and post in grabs for anyone who might be interested. I absolutely hate to do this, but I do not want to submit something that represents maybe 10% of the original idea at most. Bah, gonna be kicking myself for the next couple of weeks now...
 
I bet after you see what WAS sumbitted, you'll be kicking yourself even more if you don't send in what you have. Keep in mind, there are a lot of others who have voiced similar frustrations, but submitted anyway. I for one, HATE my score, as I had to do it myself with some cheap loops last night, before submitting it. In hindsight, I wish I had left the score out altogether.

Sending it in, so others can learn what to do (or even what NOT to do) is better for the community (what this is really all about) than for you not to send it in at all.

IMHO
 
I too, am left with an unfinished film. I have been frustrated to no end by actors, weather and health issues. I will complete it and possibly lengthen it but I am so depressed about not having it finished. I learned a lot in the process. I wrote a scipt, built a dolly did makeup and sound tests I shot some wonderful footage but in the end I was done in by my own health problems and scheduling conflicts with my two main characters. I have done enough to want to see it thru and plan to do so. I just wish I would have made the deadline. I look forward to seeing everyones efforts.
 
you should submit something bigmagic! Yours was one of the ones I was really looking forward to!! Sorry to hear about the health problems, hopefully everything is going better and good luck.
 
I sent in what I had :cheesy: even though it still needs LOTS of work... there is NO way you could keep me from dumping something on you guys! :grin:

I just hope you listen to all my excuses about why it 'aint better! :cheesy:


Congrats to everybody that got something in... even if we ARE all gonna' laugh at it! :beer:
 
Don't sweat it... I have 3mb download cable and it still took me 20 minutes! Fortunately Jarred is west coast... so I think you have plenty of time... I was sweating the last minutes and I actually BAILED on the last touch ending ('cause I forgot about it.. d'oh!)

But I don't care... it's gonna' be fun to watch all these things... and hear the stories behind what you see!
 
Uploaded! (corking 20 year old scotch)

On DSL, I think it took around 15-20 minutes... not too bad. I got the QT to 33 mb - happy with the video quality, but had to settle for slightly compressed audio. What moron decided to take out the MPEG-4 Audio option from QT7?? Oh well.

Good luck to all.
 
Woo Hoo!!! It's in. Finally I can just relax.

huh? DVD? Special Features? O'cmon man, I just start to enjoying my relaxation time. O damn, I guess that has wait too. Going back to work... :thumbsup:
 
I know! My wife was excited when I uploaded, hoping she'd finally have her husband back from all these late nights in the office working on the PC. Had to break her heart to let her know I now had to get the stuff ready for the DVD. What a support she is though!
 
I'm not sure how I am going to make my extras. I've got a lot of behind the scenes stuff, but I've never put together a package like that.
 
Merchants of Dreams said:
Woo Hoo!!! It's in. Finally I can just relax.

huh? DVD? Special Features? O'cmon man, I just start to enjoying my relaxation time. O damn, I guess that has wait too. Going back to work... :thumbsup:

Exactly what I was thinking................

Directors commentaires up the yahoo coming up!
 
arghhh ahhh argggg ahhhhhh

arghhh ahhh argggg ahhhhhh

arrgggggghhh

just finished

have to drive an hour to kinkos for high speed connection

mpeg 4 will be rendering on laptop beside me as I drive

evacuated to parents house on far in rural TX -- only dialup

Satellite internet guy came today but couldn't figure out what he was doing

Argghhhhhhh Ahhhhhh

Sleep Late Jarred

God I hope someone got him drunk last night!

Arghhhhhhh
 
Back
Top