Zombie Films - Progress

What do you mean not worth ****...Its worth a genuine DVXuser Zombie T-Shirt, thats something Master Card cant even buy!!
 
.

.

Aaaaccckkk!

I've been working all weekend, so my planned final editing time disappeared. I have a company dinner I've got to go to tonite, so I am going to be editing and compressing right up to the last minute!!!

And yes, I am 'embracing the suck'. My clip has a couple of giggles, at least.
 
I submitted mine this morning. I thought mine was pretty serious and somewhat spooky but I showed someone and they couldnt stop laughing the whole time.. I dont know what peoples reaction is going to be to mine. I cant wait either.. I want to go to sleep and wake up when they get everything set up to view them.
Brian
 
Slimothy said:
If I render a portion of my short AVI. then delete it off the Vegas timeline, then start a new Vegas project after I have all the different "parts" rendered seperately, will the quality be the same?

Tim, sent you a PM on it. Yes you can, but there are some steps to take I outlined in the PM to acheive optimal results.
 
NBCshooter said:
I still have no ending. Was gonna shoot Sunday night, but SHE was TIRED! Otherwise, the rest of the short is cut and scored, it's only the ending and final encoding that needs to get done.
So I just thought I'd bore you guys with more details of my progress since I'm sitting here at NBC waiting for a west coast re-feed DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Thank god, I shot my "ending" the other night (hope it makes sense). My girlfriend really came through for me and did a bunch more takes for her "martini shot." Whoops--gotta go . . .
 
NBCshooter said:
So I just thought I'd bore you guys with more details of my progress since I'm sitting here at NBC waiting for a west coast re-feed DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
Nice. I am here, sitting at *****, DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, frustrated that I am 500 miles away from my computer which prevents me from finishing this damn movie. I am thinking about submitting a rough cut just for the fun of it... :undecided
 
NBCshooter said:
I'm sitting here at NBC waiting for a west coast re-feed DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
LOL - I'm just a few blocks away from you at a post house, but busy as hell. :grin:
 
dj200423 said:
NBC- what do you do exactly at nbc? obviously . . . you're a shooter? Are you strictly a camera guy?
Yeah, sometimes my job description is a bit variable. I am MAINLY a field ENG/EFP kinda camera operator, but we light everything we shoot. Whenever we do special events, sometimes the powers that be allow me ONLY to light, which I enjoy. Today I'm lighting stand-ups in our control room--I'm usually NEVER on the NBC lot--I'm usually in the field.
 
Oh, I forgot why I wanted to post earlier. I meant to tell you guys how much I've changed things in my editing since just last weekend. It was interesting to me, the process. I realized that I had a bunch of shots that added nothing but filler. So I took 'em out and re-shot a quick desktop establishing shot and cut everything else out.

I am seeing that the more my short doesn't make sense, that means that I have mistakes (missing shots). When you show your short to people who AREN'T necessarily your "friends" you tend to get real accurate feedback on how your short sucks. In other words, they ask questions like, "Why does the guy . . ." And you go to yourself, "Hmmm . . . obviously the audience is confused and I'm not giving them all or enough of the information that they need to make sense of the story in their own minds."
 
I have some many flaws in my movie but I just don't have to energy to fix them. Even if I try, that means everything beyond that point will be screwed up, and that means more editing. lol. It is what it is I guess.
 
I'm already at 5 min and I gotta try to squeeze one more credit in for the opening credits. It should work out pretty good, its for the score guy who did a great job and did way more than I expected so it would be wrong not to put it in...then Ill upload it, and pray I don't 'just' get blank stares from the people watching, though that is probably the appropriate reaction.
 
Finally uploading now ... thank goodness I was actually done yesterday with it, as I've been puking my guts out all day with the flu, or something. I'm not seeing the end of the tunnel yet either, so if I didn't have it done by now, I probably wouldn't have made the deadline.
 
Submitted! I'm pretty happy with what I ended up with. I pretty much ended up with exactly what I had scripted on the screen. No major complaints. Hope everyboy likes it, and even though it probably won't win, we all had lots of fun making it and it wa a great learning experience. Good night!
 
Back
Top