I filmed an interview with a patio screen in the background with an HV20. The problem is there are black and white lines like zebra lines on the patio screen in FCE. It does not look very good at all. Any suggestions to tone down the wavy lines?
The effect you are seeing is called "Moire", it comes from the positive and negative interfearance between the pixels in the sensor, and the holes in the screen.
A slight blur should help remove it, but you will probabaly want to mask the blur so that it only effects the screen if possible.
Thank you for your explanation and suggestion. I did actually try a "soft effect" a few days ago and it did take away the interference. I know for next time not to shoot in front of a patio screen!!
Just wondering how you can mask a slight blur in FCP6. I think I can slightly blur the background screen, but do not want to blur the main actress in the shot. Do you know how to blur the image in the background, but mask the blur on the actress in FCP6? Will I have to take this footage to a pro for touch-ups?