Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Don't know -- maybe the flange focal distance wouldn't allow it, or maybe it would... I really don't know... didn't someone at some point make a PL adapter for the Canon XL1? I thought someone did... and if they did, that would still work for the XL H1, so that would rule out that argument...Or does the whole 1/3" CCD prohibit PL mount lenses from being usable in some way?
Given the history of the XL lenses, that doesn't seem too likely. The stock lens may have great glass, but there's a whole lot of people who won't want to put up with the Canon "wet cabbage" feel of the servo zoom & focus (term borrowed from the esteemed Graeme Nattress)... I would expect there to be significant demand for a fully-manual lens. And the wide-angle aspect of the XL 20x lens has never been that strong, so I expect people to want a wide-angle lens option too...Then again, if the stock lens on the XL H1 is really good, nobody will need another lens