World Exclusive First HVX200 Footage.. only here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah.. on that point, anyone who wishes go grab copies from me (of any or all of the files) and host them on their own mirror, please do!

- Mikko
 
You guys really are fantastic Jarred. I for one, and I'm sure everyone else here as well, greatly appreciate everything.

Thank you.

PS - Thank you as well Mikko.


.
 
You are losing bandwidth from all the other sites hotlinking to dvxusers today. So far 3 sites that I have seen are pointing over here.

Better get a ton of mirrors up soon. :grin:
 
harlan said:
You guys really are fantastic Jarred. I for one, and I'm sure everyone else here as well, greatly appreciate everything.

I don't think Jared, Barry, et al will ever have to pay for their own beers when they are out of town. All of us DVXuser's owe you that when you are in our town. :beer:

Cheers
 
thenumber19 said:
This stuff looks great, but I'd love to see how this camera performs under more natural conditions, especially outdoors. That'll be the true test for me.
:thumbup:

John_Hudson said:
Jarred?

Can someone get outside and shoot some EXTERIORS? Should be a nice sunset this evening in L.A.
:thumbsup: If not possible today, what about tomorrow?

<PS> Lucky guy...HVX plus California...
 
Justin_Kirch said:
exactly David......it looks amazing for only one light to be illuminating the whole thing. looks like a 1k is lighting it.
1200w HMI, actually. We had the tiniest bit of fill coming from the shadow side from a 650w fresnel that was, oh, maybe 30 feet away, so it was probably putting about five photons of light on the guy, but that's it.
 
Shaw said:
So does this mean we will have an article comparing the HVX and other HD(V) cameras very soon as well?
We took the opportunity to try the HVX side-by-side against the HDV cameras, but nothing like what I want to do. Just took 'em in some situations to see how HDV performed, etc. We did calibrate them to equivalent color and edge enhancement, but it wasn't the full-blown side-by-side that I intend to do. However, having seen the footage, I can say unequivocally that the HVX is sharper than both the other cameras. But as far as a full comparison article, that's going to have to wait until the HVX book is done.
 
Rich Lee said:
hmmm...maybe its just my computer..but the 1080p one looks like poo poo...it looks cool when i play it at half size...but full size looks ugly..some weird lines...but half size looks really sharp...
If this has already been answered, then I apologize for wasting space, but I'm trying to catch up on 42 pages of posts so I'm going through them as I find 'em.

The 1080p stuff looks abso-frickin'-lutely amazing in the native footage. I don't know what happened in the WMV or H.264 encoding, as I haven't even seen that clip, but come by DV Expo and look at it on the monitor. It's mega-sweet.
 
pertierr said:
There seems to be a lot of blue bleeding/chromatic aberration on the 720P clip...look at the edges of the man's body. Is it known if this is the lens or just due to decimation?
First I've heard of this, but again I haven't seen the H.264. In the actual footage on the HD monitor it's cleaner than Michael Moore's plate at Thanksgiving.
 
redindian said:
the first shot of the african-american guy is faded and dull...
The fade/dull is due to a whole lotta smoke being poured into the scene by a smoke machine. When you see the live footage it's actually a little noticeable in that the very next cut (to the guy on the phone) doesn't have any smoke at all in it, so the difference is significant. But don't worry, it's the smoke machine, not the camera, that's causing the haze/dull.
 
Just got out back from a Varicam demo here in Atlanta. I must say the HVX200 it very close to its big brother, very impressive.
Thanks for the first look.
 
Great.. how you've gone and filled up the camera with smoke.. next thing the heads will clog.. oh wait - NO THEY WON'T! :D

- Mikko
 
Barry_Green said:
If this has already been answered, then I apologize for wasting space, but I'm trying to catch up on 42 pages of posts so I'm going through them as I find 'em.

The 1080p stuff looks abso-frickin'-lutely amazing in the native footage. I don't know what happened in the WMV or H.264 encoding, as I haven't even seen that clip, but come by DV Expo and look at it on the monitor. It's mega-sweet.

i think someone was saying it has to do with when it got compressed...i dunnoo..so many posts, its hard to sort through them. but the 720p of the shirtless guy looks really sharp...

why no shots of topless girls? maybe later tonight we can all head down to spearmint rhino and do some more tests...:evil:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top