Wolves

No worries kevin. Get some sleep. Make sure you don't fall asleep next to any carcass! I appreciate the amazing clips you've graciously provided.
 
Can someone walk me through the settings I need for 1080 24p?
Obviously I don't know what the heck I'm doing here.
I hate to cause a stir that the HVX isn't up to snuff because i rendered this stuff out on the wrong settings.
I was messing with pull down order and everything else and I think I made it look worse.
If someone lets me know what presets and settings to use for the footage I'll try and get some new stuff uploaded tomorrow night or so.
Ok, I'm going to bed now.
 
Beautiful!

Beautiful!

n8ture said:
Can someone walk me through the settings I need for 1080 24p?
Obviously I don't know what the heck I'm doing here.

Kevin (and Barry),

Wow. Thanks for sharing your amazing footage. I wouldn't say you don't know what your doing, man. On the contrary, your footage is inspiring. You put us right there. Storytelling with a capital 'Eye'! I could only see your work compresssed, but the little I saw made me want to see more. And save some more till I can afford the PAL version. As I wrote earlier, I became very close to a half wolf. Named Quatz (Hopi for Friend) he ate some poison intended for a pack of abandoned wild dogs in Val Verde, California - but not before he kept them clear of our corner of the valley. So your samples are doubly welcome, not only because it's great to see and talk about these animals, but especially for the tech content! Looking forward...

All the best,

David
 
joelnet said:
Does anyone else see that Chromatic Aberration? Somehow I get the feeling that if this was a JVC clip it's all anyone would be talking about.

Yea but on the JVC everythign that wasnt dead center would be out of focus. at least the HVX lens maintains focus to the edge. and yes it is all purple on th wolfs leg. but like, its at full telephoto, and the camera costs 5,999 MSRP. I think its acceptable.



im just sad because i cant have a HVX....... or even a HC1... Aww im pathetic! i cant even afford HDV.....


wolves look great though!
 
Last edited:
Barry --

Are you using the +7 setting on Detail Coring in your shooting? Or was that advice particular to the wolves project?
 
firstsingle said:
Hey Barry. I'm on a Mac. What kind of codec did you use? Quicktime doesn't have the proper plug-in to play it.


FCP installs the DVCPro HD codecs. For now you'll have to do with the Sorenson version of this clip :(
 
I got an email from my hosting company saying in order to serve me better they've moved my site to a new server. Obviously, the clip didn't make it to the new server.
I'll see if I can find that clip and re-upload it. If not, maybe I'll upload some wolf footage that even Barry hasn't seen yet. :)
 
Ou my god, can´t believe I missed this topic in a hurry. God dammet this looks so gooood! I just bought a new Sony´s LCD-tv and this looks excellent on it! Truly amazing 8 secs of footage! Couldn´t believe my eyes when I first swithced the tv on...keep posting us these! Thanks. Damn, I wish I get those P2 cards soon! :dankk2:

How on earth you got so close to the wolves!!! :Drogar-Evil(DBG): Maybe I have to find a finnish bear and get some footage and then run...! :Drogar-BigGrin(DBG)
 
Last edited:
If you run or do remote filming like I've been doing, your camera gets knocked over. See "The Most Horrifying HVX Footage Ever!" :)

Do you want me to stick wth wolf footage or upload something else?

Black bears and grizzly are really happening now in Yellowstone if anyone is interested. :)
 
Kevin... Do you know a trapper/videographer who works trapping bears in Montana in the summer by the name of Derek Reich. He has a company called Zöoprax Productions www.zooprax.com I worked a job with him not too long ago. Nice guy and I know he goes up to Montana to trap and shoot grizzlies...


I too can't wait to see somemore footie...
 
Ok, the PC version works. But the Mac version is sill off line, I guess. The PC version runs on my Mac just fine, though. Very nice!!!!!
 
Back
Top