Wolves

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

I still have so much to learn about the HVX since I just got mine last week but with people like Barry on boards like this one, it makes it a lot easier.

I flipped between 24fps and 60fps. It's kind of amazing to me at least that at 24fps it looks brutal and savage but at 60fps it's almost poetic. It started snowing and the flakes falling at 60fps gave it a very dreamy look while at 24fps gave it a different look all together.

Just one of the nice things to be able to have the HVX for. :-)
 
n8ture said:
Thanks for all the positive feedback!
You're welcome!

I still have so much to learn about the HVX since I just got mine last week but with people like Barry on boards like this one, it makes it a lot easier.
He is the supreme value of this website and his knowledge aka Barry's HVXbook school one reason enough to a HVX purchase, in this case, following its cinematic properties, the second one.

I flipped between 24fps and 60fps. It's kind of amazing to me at least that at 24fps it looks brutal and savage but at 60fps it's almost poetic. It started snowing and the flakes falling at 60fps gave it a very dreamy look while at 24fps gave it a different look all together.

Just one of the nice things to be able to have the HVX for. :-)
That's one of the reasons why I'm thinking if it will not be better a 24p/60i version instead a 25p/50i to PAL countries, specially if the film-out is the major goal@ours. The second reason is (more than) the 20%-25% less expensive than@home... euro higher than dollar.
 
Last edited:
this footage is nothing short of astonishing... let the resolution debate die! wow. granted, i'd hazard to guess it's not just the camera but the person behind the camera. still, just goes to show you what it can do in the hands of a skilled professional.

wowowowowowowow.

i CAN'T wait to get mine!

as for Barry, yes... he's a legend in my cirlce and he doesn't even know it. putting together my first feature was absolutely brutal. without Barry answering pretty much every one of my questions, it would have been a lot more brutal. i wonder how many films Barry gets thanked in during the credits that he doesn't even know about! haha!
 
Last edited:
wolves

wolves

kevin, awesome footage, between you and holyzoo my faith in the hvx has been restored. When you can, may you throw some of the 24p stuff here as well, did you record any sound with that?? I feel almost deprived with a lot of the footage, I suppose because people are really enjoying the slowmo stuff, theres no sound being recorded. Cheers
 
doumm said:
theres no sound being recorded. Cheers


Closed captioned for the Speed impaired:

Cruuuunnnch, Cruuuunnnch, Cruuuunnnch, Cruuuunnnch, Cruuuunnnch, Cruuuunnnch, Sllllllluuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrp.
 
Awesome kevin.

How far were you away from the wolves?
Did they ever notice you?
Has this clip undergong any major cc?
 
B-E-A-utiful !!!

I am telling you, this camera is dream come true for the nature filmmaker! Compact enough, with extended zoom range, the pre-record buffer, and AMAZING picture... I can't wait!

(This comes from a guy who purposely ignored the whole HVX thread until about a week before Christmas).
 
Yes, thats of great interest to me too, one of the fears that was potentially holding me back was the lack of lens reach for nature shooting. And infact is why I am still tossing up this camera with the hd101.
 
Cool Avid finally figured the codec.
Untitled Sequence.01.jpg



264 Gamma PC f**ked

Wonder why Apple is "trying to mess up 264 on a pc?"
 
Last edited:
These aren't captive, these are in the wild woods of Minnesota. When he uploaded this clip he said he had to sign off because they have to get to bed on order to be able to get up before the sun and drive deep into the wild...
 
Back
Top