Who is in the Red?

KOVAROVA said:
that is 200k in a couple of days.. not bad.

yeah they could pack up and disappear and make off like bandits.

wait a second.. considering they spent much, much more than that on the floor space at NAB, salaries, plane tickets, hotels, food, the booth, the materials, the prototypes, the limited edition numbered titanium gifts for the registrants... etc etc etc.. I guess that wouldn't be the best way to make a quick buck. ha ha ha ha.
 
#138 Tuesday afternoon. Would have done it on the first day but had to check Silicon Imaging (too bulky/computer like) and that Vision Research which I couldnt find. NAB was pretty cool for my first time. I bought SonicFire w/ Mood mapping, a 15" Macbook pro Hoodman, and a Panavision hat. I heard last year was better in terms of new releases.

BTW, I'm not rich either. It's a $17K camera, just rent the lenses as the job requires. For me it's a goal to make $16,000 by next January. Anybody wanna buy a '84 Toyota on 33" Super Swampers?

aloha,

vince
 
Based on another post, I believe I may have the distinction of being the first RED phone order. :) RED#72
 
#017

Saw my mug in several of the Red NAB opening pictures posted on on HDforIndies site. Ewwwwwwww, I need to stay behind the camera where I belong. At least until I have downed a bottle of Code Red. :)
 
Jarred Land said:
yeah they could pack up and disappear and make off like bandits.

wait a second.. considering they spent much, much more than that on the floor space at NAB, salaries, plane tickets, hotels, food, the booth, the materials, the prototypes, the limited edition numbered titanium gifts for the registrants... etc etc etc.. I guess that wouldn't be the best way to make a quick buck. ha ha ha ha.

And why would they dissappear? If they can keep all the 200 buyers happy, they can recieve more 200x16K, wich, doing the math, is 3.200.000 Dollars ! :Drogar-Evil(DBG):
 
Keep in mind the Deposits could allow them to get Finishing capital. I would guess with a good business plan (and I'm sure Jannard has one) they could borrow 10k for every deposit. So 250 deposits is 2.5 million in finishing capital.

But, that's just basic finishing money. With Jannard behind this and very high interest, he can probably get as much a 50 million in investment capital.

Or a buyout from sony for 50 mil just to make it go away.:cheesy:
 
Gibby said:
Just really fortunate!
I can see us teaming up for a cool 2-camera shoot when they're delivered...

I see a Red Bootcamp in the making. Or at least intro to Red for people on the reservation list. :-)
 
joelnet said:
I see a Red Bootcamp in the making. Or at least intro to Red for people on the reservation list. :-)

Yes.. Red bootcamp for the owners next winter and sometime this summer a "101 things you can do with your RED reservation token" half-day class for us that are waiting.
 
joelnet said:
I see a Red Bootcamp in the making. Or at least intro to Red for people on the reservation list. :-)

Saweeeet - no doubt a lot of us are thinking about a RED Boot Camp. I'm sure we'll come up with something cool on that. When I get my RED One camera, I'll be happy to have any of you check it over and get some stick time on it - with me there of course! I won't be loaning it or renting it out, but I think the sooner we have a network of RED knowledgeable shooters, the more valuable the test footage and feedback will be. Collaboration and networking are the core of any business - and TV/film are no exception. A lot of the overall TV/film business is built around hiring good freelance people for projects on a per-project basis. I want to incorporate the RED One camera in my own national and international productions as soon as possible, I'm a networker, and I like mentoring, so I have a deep interest in helping others to master the camera.

Gibby
www.cut4.tv
 
Jarred, how about purchasing a RedUser.com webspace? And Barry I would imagine already has plans on the Red Book! Has anyone who placed a phone order received their titanium R yet?
 
Mr. Blonde said:
Jarred, how about purchasing a RedUser.com webspace? And Barry I would imagine already has plans on the Red Book! Has anyone who placed a phone order received their titanium R yet?

I am making a place for RED :)
 
Back
Top