Where can I order one?

A second vote for a bundle with the Ki Pro Mini, especially if you can include a bracket that mounts it on the side, and some sort of power solution. An all-in-one bundle may prove pretty popular.

Great idea. I'll work on that combo for sure.
 
Ya gatta swing for the fences now and then.

I send flowers if it would persuade Jan to hint at a release date (not month). :)
 
A second vote for a bundle with the Ki Pro Mini, especially if you can include a bracket that mounts it on the side, and some sort of power solution. An all-in-one bundle may prove pretty popular.

We are working on bundles or starter packages so this is really good to know. The biggest variables right now are finding out what accessories Panasonic will be offering (I can venture to guess, but we still don't officially know what's even coming in the box with the camera!), and the thing we're working on with batteries (.... what's that? Speccomm VWV-style batteries? Wheee-heeee-eeeelll.... *innocent* You know, strangely, the part I'm most excited about is the TurboCharger packages. Oh yea. I went there).

Actually, that goes hand-in-hand with our quagmire over what, exactly, the official Speccomm AF100 price gets you. It just doesn't... feel right... offering a shiny new camera if there aren't goodies thrown in! We did little SD cards with the HMC150 but... At any rate, those are all things we're considering and why the price status is where it is. If it's any reassurance to all who've been asking "what's going on" with our price. ;) It should all be resolved very soon, but you know that we know that you know that we've got our DVXuser's collective back. XD

Now that I've confused everyone.... ahahahaha, sorry...

Have a great weekend, all!

Jasmine Moore
Administrative Assistant
Specialized Communications / Noventri
20940 Twin Springs Dr.
Smithsburg, MD 21783-1510 USA
800-359-1858 (US)
301-790-0103
Fax: 301-790-0173
jasminem@spec-comm.com
Specialized Communications Broadcast Video Equipment
Noventri Digital Signage
 
Last edited:
can't wait to hear the packages. What lens mounts are included? Ki pro mini bundle would be awesome. About ready to place my reservation.
 
The key point, to me, about the Ki Pro Mini bundle, would be the custom-made bracket and the power supply. Just repeating that so it doesn't get lost... I'd love to see someone engineer a bracket and figure out some way to power it, all-in-one. That's a bundle that would have a lot of value.
 
The key point, to me, about the Ki Pro Mini bundle, would be the custom-made bracket and the power supply. Just repeating that so it doesn't get lost... I'd love to see someone engineer a bracket and figure out some way to power it, all-in-one. That's a bundle that would have a lot of value.
Exactly. An AF100, Ki Pro Mini w/bracket, and one battery that powers both the camera and the Ki. That would be ideal.
 
The key point, to me, about the Ki Pro Mini bundle, would be the custom-made bracket and the power supply. Just repeating that so it doesn't get lost... I'd love to see someone engineer a bracket and figure out some way to power it, all-in-one. That's a bundle that would have a lot of value.

A turn key solution with these specs would really interest me. Especially with the mounting bracket and power supply.

That bypass any compression and color space issues, and be a fantastic tool.
 
The key point, to me, about the Ki Pro Mini bundle, would be the custom-made bracket and the power supply. Just repeating that so it doesn't get lost... I'd love to see someone engineer a bracket and figure out some way to power it, all-in-one. That's a bundle that would have a lot of value.

+1 -- One of the big attractions in moving over from DSLRs is to avoid the jerry rigging. This bundle would really be icing on the cake.
 
The key point, to me, about the Ki Pro Mini bundle, would be the custom-made bracket and the power supply. Just repeating that so it doesn't get lost... I'd love to see someone engineer a bracket and figure out some way to power it, all-in-one. That's a bundle that would have a lot of value.

Good point Barry, do you think a rod based solution would work? Or something that puts the Ki Pro mini on the side of the camera,sandwiched between the camera and side handle? (the Jan sandwich special)

A 12v battery is needed to power the ki pro mini, so my feeling would be to add rods to the camera and have the Ki Pro and battery hanging off the back of the camera. What do you all think?

Andy
 
Does anyone have any recommendations of where I can reserve one of these with a refundable deposit and know how much I'll actually be paying? For example, with Spec-Comm the deposit is non-refundable and they don't know what they'll actually sell them for. It's difficult to throw down $500 and not know if I'll be paying list or if it's going to be some kind of discounted deal or bundle. I'd much rather save $200 and wait for B&H to have them in that case (I wish B&H didn't charge full upfront), but I know when the camera actually becomes available there will be places with discounts and bundles that will be a better deal, just like when I got my HVX200 after those came out. I'd rather go that route. I'm also looking for a place outside of California so I don't have to pay tax, so Abel Cine Tech is out unfortunately.

EDIT: I just got off the phone with Full Compass. Shawn was awesome to order with over the phone. I should have my AF100 in December.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. #18 :D

Ordered, #9!
A great deal (the best) thanks to Zaza.
$250 down/ free shipping.

Talk to Shawn directly...and mention Joe (Joe Saba aka. Zaza). Shawn is a great guy, awesome 1 on 1 customer service.

Shawn Tallard
Full Compass Sales & Systems Consultant
Phone: 1-800-356-5844 x 1152

9770 Silicon Prairie Parkway
Madison, WI 53593
 
Only #18? I'm #13 and I pre-ordered over 2 weeks ago. Maybe there were some cancellations and I'm higher up on the list now. That would be fantastic!
 
Back
Top