when should I purchase?

homer

Well-known member
hi

when should i purchase my dvx100b, now that the 250 rebate is out, or do you think the price will drop next month?

I know no one really knows (heck i work for panasonic and I they didn't even mention NAB in our newsletters) but general assumptions would be appreciated. I;m usually a really good shopper but this is the first time i've purchased a high end electronic device and I'm not sure what to do.

so....


250.00 off now or do you think the mail in is a last resort tactic before they actually drop price?

(i use to sell cellphones for a mobile company and i remember the mail in rebate offers, scams really, then a month or two later the price would drop on the phones)

(oh and no i dont get a corp. discount on high end electronics only consumer brand...real shame)
 
Id imagine the price should drop off once the nab show is over and with hd supposed to come out in 09 thats what im waiting for to see how the price goes so i can buy one.
 
true but the pannys wont be out til fall at the earilest. the HVXa may be out sooner since Barry had one to do his noise test with. there is always a dvx for sale here :)
 
yea i got horrible luck and i want to make a big shift to film making so I don't want anything to get messed up or for me or I don't want to get screwed by going cheap or used. newegg is right now more expensive then that abel shop which sells it for 2400. although they sell open box for 2100, the newegg consultant said its a risk, and thats a risk i'm not taking.

so any analysis on the price? what usually happens?
 
true but the pannys wont be out til fall at the earilest. the HVXa may be out sooner since Barry had one to do his noise test with. there is always a dvx for sale here :)

Yeah I know, didn't mean for him to wait for one of those just that some people might be selling their DVX's on here as they get ready to upgrade to one of those cams.
 
anyone else want to input without hijacking the topic?


who thinks the price will drop in may after the mail in is over?
 
Buy it now if you need it now.You wont get anything accomplished if you keep waiting to save a couple hundred dollars.I dont see the price dropping that much if it does at all. Not sure how much longer the DVX will even be in production afer the release of the new cams. Spec-Comm has really good deals on B stock cams you may want to contact them.
 
Agree. I really don't see the DVX dropping much in price. It's already a steal for how good the image really is.
 
thanks guys yea, i slowly came to realize its best to get it now, 2150 after mail in is still a great deal. plus it comes with barry's book i believe.

and yea what is spec comm?

if you mean http://www.spec-comm.com/

then you must be joking the price for the 100b is an insanely 2800
 
Back
Top