What can we expect from Panna at NAB2009

brrr NOW m being greedy ... panny PLSPLSPLS if you could just drop 64Gb to 786 US$ heheheheh (this is a never ending greed ... next year i will show the same level of greed for 128GB cards pricing )
Thx Panny if this news true to the core :)
 
I hope that these figures are true, I think Panasonic would see a huge surge of P2 cards sales and this would help a lot of users buy P2 cameras who were on the fence.

Dan
 
I think that's the plan Dan..... they've gotta stop the haggle over P2 prices...

Too many DOP's I know have the whole P2 price-point in their heads as being way over priced...

If they remove that physiological obstacle they will be in a winning position...

Unfortunately the next hurdle of of the form factor of PCMICA cards is more difficult to overcome..

I never understood why Panasonic did not come up with some strategic alliances with a laptop manufacture to build a specific machine that would suit P2 in the field... how hard would it be to form an alliance and slap on a P2 badge...

Just my 2c...

Cheers
 
Last edited:
I hope that these figures are true, I think Panasonic would see a huge surge of P2 cards sales and this would help a lot of users buy P2 cameras who were on the fence.

Dan

Agreed.
I hear a lot from producers (among others) about the P2 price level.
They like to own their footage right away. Some of them had invested on cards so they can hand it to shooters and leave with the footage, just like the old tapes with the benefit of using it again and again.
If these prices are right, producers will soon be buying a few 64's and that's that.
 
I just spent $ 1399.00 each for 2- 32 gigs two weeks ago....aaaarrggghhhh !
REBATE JAN ?

That is unfortunate.
I've been in similar situation before and I know it sucks!
I recommend been very conservative with any purchase right before the NAB show.
If you needed it's fine you probably got your investment worth, but if you can hold a couple of weeks...
 
I see that as the double edged sword for Panasonic. No matter when they drop prices, they wil piss off someone who just bought them at the old prices. Always a challenge for them I am sure.

Dan
 
never say never... as far as I was told on this forum the HPX300 would never happen...
 
I gotta say, sometimes the rumors are right. I was pretty big naysayer when the rumors about the 300 began and lo and behold, there it was. Usually rumors are meaningless but occasionally they surprise you. The 300 sure did surprise me.

Dan
 
I'll let you guys know in about an hour. The press conference starts at noon and I'm gonna blog from it on the laptop... heh.
 
Back
Top