Walk Away Films presents SOMATIC DEATH

Jazz Dog

Well-known member
Inside of death the darkness comes to light
The darkness is you

Somatic Death
a short film by Greg Johnson

HVX200 / 720 24PN / FCP
 
Last edited:
September 13:
-Outline of script is written and locations scouted.
-Props purchased at The Salvation Army on 25% off day. I found a sort of device that looks like it could chop off a hand (not sure what it is really for) and the lady at the check out said "what is this for?" and I said I collected old kitchen utencils. I didn't want to freak her out because I was with my one year old daughter. "Yes, that's right, the dolls are for her, my sweet daughter, oh and the bible...yes, I am finding god again...oh, please dont ask about the mask or the broken tricycle or the torn wig." I raced out of there. Got everything I needed for $32 dollars. Salvation army is the best prop shop there is.
-Test shots tonight after kid and wife are asleep.
September 16:
-Started shooting non dialogue shots. creepy fun.
September 17:
-Cut title sequence, more shots, need to go to the drugstore for bandages and gauze.
 
Last edited:
Just cut together my title sequence which I always do during shooting because it sets then tone and gets me pumped up.
I am officially creeped out by my film so far and what I am doing is just not right.
My wife is officially banned from my basement for now...
 
Took a little break to work on another film for a big contest here in Seattle. Almost done then it is back to finish up Somatic Death.
Need to find a large vice, some gauze and a priest costume.
Life is good.
 
Man....I am not going to make it. Bummer. Got caught up in another short for another contest that will help get me noticed here in Seattle. Plus trying to start my own restaurant. I know...excuses. At least I have a really cool start on a really creepy short that I will finish...and had a very cool way to use the glass of wine...this was my same pattern with spyfest and I got a cool short out of that too so at least these contests get me creating...even if it is never on time...
Looking forward to watching.
 
Decided not to wimp out tonight and make something out of the footage I had already shot. Get creative with what you got instead of making excuses. So I got something uploaded right at midnight. Hope it makes it in. Then I will add more scenes in the future to make a longer short.
Hope everyone enjoys my flick....
 
So glad you entered! I've watched well over half of the entries now and I really like this one. Great voice-over, great feel, and one of the best looking yet.

I'll comment in more detail later after another viewing. Just about time for me to hit the sac..

Cheers,

Mike
 
Alrighty... it looked nice... but I didn't quite get it.. was the guy's problem just that he messed dolls up? The music became kind of repetitive too... the film did give me an uneasy feeling throughout...
 
Back
Top