Uprezzed DVX Reel

Steven Bogda

Well-known member
Not much different than the reel I have had for the last year, but I uprezzed it. So, if you have seen my reel before it isn't anything new. I used InstantHD and I think it came out pretty crisp for the web:

http://vimeo.com/7123040
 
jambredz - It was about 100 bucks when I got it. I don't know if it is the same now or less.
diago - Thanks. I used Twixtor in After Effects to ramp the speed of the cars to a freeze.
 
Justin that was the set of "its always sunny in philadephia". He posted that awhile back on vimeo. I luved seeing that cuz I got to see the dvx's in action. :D
 
ihatedv - It was all 24p
Justin - I shot some behind the scenes footage of the show being shot in Philadelphia. You can see it on my vimeo: vimeo.com/stevenbogda
 
jambredz - It was about 100 bucks when I got it. I don't know if it is the same now or less.
diago - Thanks. I used Twixtor in After Effects to ramp the speed of the cars to a freeze.

Awesome. I thought twixtor had trouble slowing down anything shot in 24p. I may have to give the app a 2nd look.

BTW, how do you get you sgpro footy so sharp!

Did you increase the detail level at all?
 
jkc123 - Thanks. Twixtor works better with more frames I guess but I got it working decent enough with 24p footage. I don't play with my scene file at all, but I do add a sharpen filter in Vegas. I keep the settings low because it can get noisy really quick but I think it still makes a little bit of a difference.

You live in Chicago? I just moved to Elburn which I think is a far west suburb.
 
Steve and JKC123,

Steve, I like your work. I've mentioned previously that I also appreciate Shaun170's and Jambredz work as well. I just got my camera back from my daughter who was shooting her independent project in Philly. I live in Chicago and would like to meet up with some DVX users. If you are interested, hit me at kamau_tyehimba@mac.com. I hope to hear from you.

Kamau
 
Jambredz,

I've only been to Jamaica once, but I plan to visit again once my cash flow improves. Hopefully, on my next visit I'll get an opportunity to meet you. Maybe even shoot something together. Continue your good work with this fantastic tool.

Kamau
 
hey kamau...that would be awesome. i've never been to chicago before, i usually go to florida...but if and when u do get the chance, definately holla.
 
- Steve
I live in the south 'burbs of the city but work takes me to the downtown area quite a bit. Elburn is a decent metra ride into the city. How are you adjusting to traffic when you come in the city? I've always thought that outside of NY chicago has the worst traffic.

- Kamau
Sounds like a great idea.
 
jkc123 - I have only lived here for 2 weeks so far. I have not driven to the city yet but hopefully will soon to hand out some resumes and stuff. I think I may just take a train since I am unfamiliar with this state.
 
Steven,
This reel is awesome! Excellent, excellent camera work. The shots look unbelievable especially in HD!
I also had no idea you were capable of such smooth speed ramps in Twixtor shooting in 24p like some other users mentioned.
Loved seeing some of the shots from behind the scenes of It's Always Sunny! That show makes my day :D
Once again fantastic job!

Bryan
 
Back
Top