Besides thinking about becoming beta testers, some of us should be thinking about signing up as third-party developers. Jim has said that the concept behind Red is inclusive, not exclusive. He has built the ultimate modular camera and I think that means that other companies will be building some of the modules, and not just French flags, matte boxes, follow focus systems, and lenses.
I’m thinking about awesome third-party cages, storage systems, special mini jibs (that work with the modular design and cage system), etc. Some of these third-party add ons may help to keep the prices down for those who can’t afford much more than the main camera but need at least some cheep modules to be able to use it. And some of these third-party modules may cost as much as the camera. I hope this is one of the things Jim means when he says he wants Red to be inclusive.
I’m thinking about awesome third-party cages, storage systems, special mini jibs (that work with the modular design and cage system), etc. Some of these third-party add ons may help to keep the prices down for those who can’t afford much more than the main camera but need at least some cheep modules to be able to use it. And some of these third-party modules may cost as much as the camera. I hope this is one of the things Jim means when he says he wants Red to be inclusive.
Last edited: