"The Unassumed"

Okay, I finally finished everything this morning!! Everything looks really good, but then again it could really suck. I'm biased of course. Will upload after 7 today when I get off work pending an answer from Barry S. that the credits can be shorter than 10 seconds.

I crammed a whole heck of alot in that 5 minutes.
 
Congrats on getting accepted boss. Hope it turns out how you planned, you always have a good idea behind your scripts!
 
SPOILERS:

Really strong film. David Lynch would have been proud of that mask and dream sequence. Loved the image of the rolling bottle. The size change of the killer was slick. Good fight sequence. The ending seemed a bit unmotivated as far as story, but there is the dilemma of how to end it once the dream is over. Really good entry though, congrats.
 
SPOILERS...




I liked this one a lot as well. Nice camera work, especially during the fight scene.
I wasn't too sure about the main character near the middle, but after the ending it made a little more sense.

Cheers,

Mike
 
I just watched this, and I was very impressed with it's suspense level. More so than most of the films submitted. Your character was (to me) so believable, and did a fantastic job of delivery.

You're in my top 5 after watching all of the films! Great Job Marlon!
 
Thanks, Bosindy. I really appreciate the feedback.

I had to cut it way down, because him being the killer is what it was all about and the end was supposed to end with him having a conversation with a new girl he had met and run into at the gas station while disposing of some of his evidence. While talking to her they would decide to go get a cup of coffee and then she would talk about the fact that the police found another body. Then as she describes what she heard on the news, then you would see the girl dead and only then realize he was the killer and the new girl was going to be his next victim.
 
SPOILERS...




I liked this one a lot as well. Nice camera work, especially during the fight scene.
I wasn't too sure about the main character near the middle, but after the ending it made a little more sense.

Cheers,

Mike
Thanks, Mike. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I really enjoyed your film to and thought the cinematography was great. After watching alot of the films I was asking myself if I was even good enough to be here. Thanks.
 
SPOILERS:

Really strong film. David Lynch would have been proud of that mask and dream sequence. Loved the image of the rolling bottle. The size change of the killer was slick. Good fight sequence. The ending seemed a bit unmotivated as far as story, but there is the dilemma of how to end it once the dream is over. Really good entry though, congrats.
Thanks, Bosindy. I really appreciate the feedback.

I had to cut it way down, because him being the killer is what it was all about and the end was supposed to end with him having a conversation with a new girl he had met and run into at the gas station while disposing of some of his evidence. While talking to her they would decide to go get a cup of coffee and then she would talk about the fact that the police found another body. Then as she describes what she heard on the news, then you would see the girl dead and only then realize he was the killer and the new girl was going to be his next victim.
 
I just watched this, and I was very impressed with it's suspense level. More so than most of the films submitted. Your character was (to me) so believable, and did a fantastic job of delivery.

You're in my top 5 after watching all of the films! Great Job Marlon!
Thanks a lot, man! I feel very excited and humbled to get this positive feedback from real filmmakers. I want my films to be appreciated by everybody, but it really means something when fellow artists (who are really good at what they do) like what you bring to the table.

I left a post about your film in your thread, but in case you haven't seen it yet - I was impressed. It was very well shot and a good triangle, twist type story. I had actually thought about doing one of those too, so I'm glad somebody did it and did it well.
 
I loved the John Woo roll across the floor with the gun; the monster was kinda cheesy though. At least you had the janglies to submit something there were something like 75 people who started a thread and lo and behold no films when the time came!
 
I loved the John Woo roll across the floor with the gun; the monster was kinda cheesy though. At least you had the janglies to submit something there were something like 75 people who started a thread and lo and behold no films when the time came!
Well, he was not really meant to be a monster, but a mysterious killer with a mask - in a dream. Something similiar to like Michael Myers, but a bit different in a sense.

Thanks for the critique though and thanks for checking it out.
 
I used to work as a security guard, so the whole sleeping on the job thing made me laugh. They run you crazy shifts sometimes, gotta sleep sometime!
Looks like I was way off on the monster thing! Sorry!
 
I used to work as a security guard, so the whole sleeping on the job thing made me laugh. They run you crazy shifts sometimes, gotta sleep sometime!
Looks like I was way off on the monster thing! Sorry!
It's okay, because it's my job as the filmmaker to make sure you see my vision on the screen. If you don't then I haven't done my job effectively, so don't even worry about it.

And i know a bit about security myself. LOL
 
Back
Top