The moment after - by Cazcam

Actually Neil, I have a question.

Do you think your opinion on the matter would change if the director was actually a female?

I'm not trying to argue with you at all, if that's how it seems. I can definitely see why you feel how you feel.
 
I loved this short. It felt so universal, timeless, subtle. Incredibly well executed. Wonderfull camerawork, sound design and of course acting. So intimate and human. Great job! My favorite in this contest.
 
"Drew Ott: Actually Neil, I have a question.

Do you think your opinion on the matter would change if the director was actually a female?"


..i think it would hold much less water if it was actually a female. this is thier bitter reality, and i would have a very hard time seeing how feeding the fires for half the film would serve their purpose in any way. theres just no room for disconnect from what they would be doing when they made the shot choices.
 
I agree and disagree with your opinion on the nudity. I think by having the nudity it shows the vulnerability of the woman, and implicit nudity may not have had that effect. I do agree however that it was an unfinished story in that the woman was exploited in an attempt to show how women are used. With the nudity, the story is unfinished, but without the nudity, it is more complete somehow. Does that make any sense?
 
Back
Top