The moment after - by Cazcam

My favorite of the fest so far.. The cinematography and directing were both very raw and pro; the visuals and beats are spot on. I love the location.. has a very Blade Runner'ish feel to me.. the yellow grid pattern, etched through light perhaps?.. the fluorescent on the wall.. location is so ultra important, it allows for great photography.

Also.. in regards to fitting the time theme of this fest.. It most certainly does and in a much more creative way than many other entries here. This is one of the best examples of what a short film really is supposed to be. Short's aren't meant to cram a two hour story into a six minute film... In general, the best shorts I've seen are ones that focus on 'an event' rather than a series of events.

Nice work :)
 
Short's aren't meant to cram a two hour story into a six minute film... In general, the best shorts I've seen are ones that focus on 'an event' rather than a series of events.

Nice work :)


I totally agree.

Thank you guys for all your nice comments.

Thank you Zak for your review, i think you make it sound a lot better than what it really is. XD
 
Awesome short! You Spaniards really know how to make a film.

I loved the quivering stomach of the young woman. That small motion said a million things to me. It was innocent, yet moving beyond a threshold of losing that innocence. It was tender.

I was being all sentimental about it to Macgregor when he gave me a sneak peak a while ago on Skype and he said, "hahaha an alien is going to burst out of her stomach!, this is a Sci-Fi film." and totally ruined my high.
 
This is one of the best examples of what a short film really is supposed to be. Short's aren't meant to cram a two hour story into a six minute film... In general, the best shorts I've seen are ones that focus on 'an event' rather than a series of events.

Nice work :)

Well said Geoff and a lesson I still haven't learned.
 
Wow, great looking film, in my top 5, but I gotta say I felt a little cheated. You had two more minutes. I wanted to see the girl do something about being dumped on like that. Anyway, just my two cents. Congratulations!

JP
 
Don't think that's it, you can hide under whatever identity you want.

ANyone know what's goin' on?
 
I also saw that Cazcams avatar is gone.

Now it says:

Cazcam
Bronze Member

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Barcelona, Spain


Bronze Member? Is´n that from the old system?
 
It was made by a couple of regulars here, hiding under a secret identity.
Maybe that has something to do with it?

Who knows?
Not me. :)
Don't think that's it, you can hide under whatever identity you want.

ANyone know what's goin' on?
Barry_Green (from the official rules) said:

Users may enter their film anonymously, but must clear this with us before they post their film thread in the this forum.
Hi this is my first time directing a shortfilm. I hope i can have my entry ready for sunday.
I´m so happy about this project!
I wanna watch it now!
A beautiful filmmaker just told me "definition of rated R is wide"
when do we get to watch!!!!
Rogan
Cazcam, it'll be great to see filmmaking from a woman's perspective. And I'm like everybody else - Rated "R". I'm in! Nice pic BTW.
Great! A film from Spain, directed by a lady, and a "wide R rating" to boot. This fest gets more interesting by the minute.

We're looking into this now further. But ...
  1. both Mac and Zac already have accounts
  2. neither of them wears a bra - as far as I know.
  3. it's neither of their first films
The issue in question is that they didn't comply with the let us know part of the rule. Plus if they had, there would have been a couple of conditions that we want people to do this under.

We labored over this and did not want to do it. But when you write a rule down explicitly and all you have to do is let us know you are doing it, then our hands are kind of tied.

We certainly regret the DQ and as I said are still looking into it further hoping there has been some sort of confusion.

We're fairly certain neither Mac or Zac was up to any ill will, but we made this a specific rule and our hands are pretty much tied. :(
 
The issue in question is that they didn't comply with the let us know part of the rule.

We labored over this and did not want to do it. But when you write a rule down explicitly and all you have to do is let us know you are doing it, then our hands are kind of tied.

We certainly regret the DQ and as I said are still looking into it further hoping there has been some sort of confusion.

We're fairly certain neither Mac or Zac was up to any ill will, but we made this a specific rule and our hands are pretty much tied. :(
Crap! :(

I myself was wondering why it wasn't cleared up when someone in the thread mentioned who made it.

Oh well... live and learn I guess??
This was an awesome short though.
 
as soon as I saw "Black Milk" as the production company, I realized it was them.

this is lame. :(

TMA was my top rated pick. i'm beginning to think their DQs are intentional. have they made it thru a single fest without a DQ?
 
Don't think that's it, you can hide under whatever identity you want.
No, you can't. We have a specific rule that prohibits anonymous entries, unless you clear it with the festival committee first. That rule is in place because the whole concept of having a second identity is already prohibited behavior, not just by the festivals but by DVXUser as a whole.

So: membership here means one and only one user account. If a user wants to enter a film anonymously, they can petition the fest committee for the right to do so.

The rules are the rules, they're posted, and allowing someone to break them is not fair to all those who bust their butts trying to comply with all the rules.
 
Back
Top