Tarantino's and Rodriguez's "Grindhouse"

overlandfilms said:
That trailer rocks. What's up with the cheering thoughout - was this recorded into it or was it a live event recording?

They showed it on Spike tv's Scream Awards 2006. I missed it, but on thier website it says that they will be reshowing the awards early saturday morning 2:00am. I'm gonna have to check it out... cant stand youtubes compression.
 
Last edited:
haha looks dope like the pope

is the first footage from one of the actual films and the second part (machette) one of the fake trailers ?
 
In a bizarre way the cheering actually works. They should release the actual film with it to replicate the sleazy, grindhouse theater experience, with people talking back to the screen in the surround channels...At least maybe as a DVD option.
 
That teaser is beautiful! And this is only the planet terror stuff! They're still shooting death proof!
 
grindhouse at fangoria convention is san jose

grindhouse at fangoria convention is san jose

Hey Grindhouse dude and dudettes!! I attended this years comic con in San Diego and sat front row for the grindhouse preview-- I was wondering if any of you know if Quentin and Robert are gonna be attending the san jose fangoria convention because their movie will be there also??? and news please let me know
Thanx
jesse
JESSO productions
 
The NY Times did piece on Grindhouse today, which includes details on the project that I was unaware of; including concrete run times of each feature. Tarantino's Deathproof is going to run 90 minutes and Rodriguez's Planet Terror is going to run 80 minutes. There will be several 'fake trailers' in between the two features (as reported previously by Quentin Tarantino "Cowgirls in Sweden", Eli Roth "Thanksgiving", Edward Wright, and Rob Zombie "Werewolf Women of the SS") featuring Nicholas Cage - plus the one featured prominently in the Grindhouse trailer, "They Call Him Machete" with Danny Trejo. The entire run-time of this extravaganza should be around 223 minutes. That is pushing 4 hours folks.

Here is an interesting *SPOILER* stylistic choice in Deathproof from the NYT article:

"And since the old grindhouse films were often missing reels, both filmmakers have purposefully cut out a segment of their movies. “My whole thing is to play with the audience,” said Mr. Tarantino. “I guarantee you, when it pops up ‘Missing Reel,’ the entire theater is going to scream. They might very well be screaming my name: ‘Quentin, you bastard! We hate you!’

And then the next reel starts, and all of the sudden, people who don’t like each other suddenly like each other now. ‘What happened to that guy?’ The only way to do a missing reel is, it’s got to be something you can’t wait to see.”
 
spidey said:
The NY Times did piece on Grindhouse today, which includes details on the project that I was unaware of; including concrete run times of each feature. Tarantino's Deathproof is going to run 90 minutes and Rodriguez's Planet Terror is going to run 80 minutes. There will be several 'fake trailers' in between the two features (as reported previously by Quentin Tarantino "Cowgirls in Sweden", Eli Roth "Thanksgiving", Edward Wright, and Rob Zombie "Werewolf Women of the SS") featuring Nicholas Cage - plus the one featured prominently in the Grindhouse trailer, "They Call Him Machete" with Danny Trejo. The entire run-time of this extravaganza should be around 223 minutes. That is pushing 4 hours folks.

Here is an interesting *SPOILER* stylistic choice in Deathproof from the NYT article:

"And since the old grindhouse films were often missing reels, both filmmakers have purposefully cut out a segment of their movies. “My whole thing is to play with the audience,” said Mr. Tarantino. “I guarantee you, when it pops up ‘Missing Reel,’ the entire theater is going to scream. They might very well be screaming my name: ‘Quentin, you bastard! We hate you!’

And then the next reel starts, and all of the sudden, people who don’t like each other suddenly like each other now. ‘What happened to that guy?’ The only way to do a missing reel is, it’s got to be something you can’t wait to see.”

Stylistically, I guess it makes sense... weird though. I can see people getting pissed.
 
I dunno, if these two guys had started a project to crank out grindhouse pics like monthly, it would be way more exciting. But the big-feature and fake feel of this thing just makes it seem lame to me. It just feels like it defeats itself out of the gate...

However, Kurt Russell == I show up, so they'll get my $11.
 
I'm looking forward to Tarantino's offering. And then, hopefully, he'll go back to making 'real' movies. I'm afraid Rodriguez is going to be a bit disappointing, though. Maybe he'll surprise...one can only hope.
 
well at least QT is up first lol. smart sturctur would do the opposite since everyone wants to see QT's work.
 
I'm a bit turned off by the blatant Raimi rip-off. And it's not because it's a Raimi rip-off, per say, but because it's a bad one, to me. That might just be me though.
 
Back
Top