Tarantino's and Rodriguez's "Grindhouse"

No offense to you guys but I found both Kill Bill flicks boring and a rip off Bruce Lee's movie, Game of Death, to an extent. There was very little originality, esp. in the Vol 2 flick, Uma wore the track suit , almost to a tee, that Bruce used in the movie. It was nothing more than a bad American chop sockey movie effort.

Also, the only good thing from the Dusk movie was Salma Hayek's little role. Some of the scenes, like the gun mechanism emanating from one of the actor's groin, was just too juvenile.


I'm sorry to offend anyone here but whatever happened to good movies? I haven't been to the theatre too much lately, and I love movies!
 
FDTD blew chunks. I'm not a big fan of Kill Bill but it was at least interesting. I'd order QT's movies as follows:

Jackie Brown
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill
series

RR is a different case altogether. As a filmmaker he leaves a lot to be desired. As an inspiration, there's no one greater.
 
Wow I totally agree with Blaine. Except on the not being a big fan of Kill Bill. Because i am.


But I would order the films that way too.

Uma wore the track suit , almost to a tee, that Bruce used in the movie

Yea that was the point.

Some directors like to drop little things like that for fans of the original source material.
 
For me:

Jackie Brown
Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill V1
Reservoir Dogs
Kill Bill V2

And this is tight. I am just a huge fan of Quentin so having one at the bottom of the list is not indicative of how close I love them all.
 
Pulp Fiction
-then-
Reservoir Dogs

-then-
Pulp Fiction again
-then-
Jackie Brown
-then-
Kill Bill Volume 1


Kill Bill shoulda been trimmed into one film. It's not epic enough to justify a saga.​
 
I need to see Jackie Brown again. It's been ages. i hardly remember it.

So for now it would be:

Pulp Fiction
Kill Bill vol 1
Resevoir Dogs
Kill Bill vol 2
 
It will be after they get the 2 anime chapters Tarantino talked about at Comic Con this past weekend.

Hopefully he'll have a heavy invovlement in both.

But i still opt for Jackie Brown over all.
 
Jackie Brown is definitely QT's best movie, hands down. Still all the movies he directed are great--though, I consider Sin City (which I didn't like) to be a Rodriguez flick.

For me, he's one of the handful of directors working today that delivers each and every time:

QT
Terrence Malick
Errol Morris
Michael Mann
Paul Thomas Anderson
Peter Weir
 
Still, it really isn't a full length Tarantino movie, is it. I'm waiting for him to follow his previous successes with an all new Quentin Tarantino movie, not QT and somebody else...

Actually this is a real double feature...and Death Proof is a full tarantino film.

this is from aicn's report of comic con:

"- Each segment are real movies, not 1 hour each. You literally get a double feature. Tarantino says "This isn't something I'm doing with Robert... This is MY next movie. This is ROBERT's next movie."

- Quentin's script is 130 pages, Robert's is 110 pages long"
 
Come on, Blaine, my man...

An 80's slasher film written and directed by Tarantino and starring Kurt Russell as the killer. John Carpenter doing the music.

An A-list director doing a slasher film?? Whaaaat?

I'm drooling all over myself thinking off this film....
 
Shaun Patrick said:
...For me, he's one of the handful of directors working today that delivers each and every time:

QT
Terrence Malick
Errol Morris
Michael Mann
Paul Thomas Anderson
Peter Weir

For myself, the working directors that always deliver are...

(In Order)

Spielberg
Gibson
Zemeckis
Howard
Cameron
Shyamalan
Jackson​
 
Filmjunkie677 said:
Come on, Blaine, my man...

An 80's slasher film written and directed by Tarantino and starring Kurt Russell as the killer. John Carpenter doing the music.

An A-list director doing a slasher film?? Whaaaat?

I'm drooling all over myself thinking off this film....

Super anticipation. Cannot even wait. And I swear, he better do the Bastard's after this. :kali: :violent5: :badputer:
 
CallaghanFilms said:
For myself, the working directors that always deliver are...

(In Order)

Spielberg
Gibson
Zemeckis
Howard
Cameron
Shyamalan
Jackson​

after watching the da vinci code i dont think ron howard always delivers.
 
Filmjunkie677 said:
Come on, Blaine, my man...

An 80's slasher film written and directed by Tarantino and starring Kurt Russell as the killer. John Carpenter doing the music.

An A-list director doing a slasher film?? Whaaaat?

I'm drooling all over myself thinking off this film....
As long as we're talking full length, yeah, I'm excited. But not for another "part" of a movie...:Drogar-BigGrin(DBG)
 
That trailer rocks. What's up with the cheering thoughout - was this recorded into it or was it a live event recording? I'm officially stoked. I keep waiting for Snake Plisskin to break frame - and then he kinda does!

flucht_aus_la_2.jpg


Mother-*ucker this is gonna rock.

e
 
Back
Top