Tarantino's and Rodriguez's "Grindhouse"

I saw some footage--I flipped out. it was brilliant.

I believe some of a fake trailer was played in the middle as well, and if that was representative of the fake trailers we'll see.... good god they're hilarious.
 
spencer said:
I saw some footage--I flipped out. it was brilliant.

I believe some of a fake trailer was played in the middle as well, and if that was representative of the fake trailers we'll see.... good god they're hilarious.

Awesome.
 
I'm of the opinion that homage has always been his directorial style.

I realize I'm getting into this a little late, but I can't hardly believe all the salivating that's going on here over QT. I'll be the first to confess he's an amazing writer - as good as they come. But HOMAGE?!?! He's a straight up thief. Worse off, everyone knows it and embraces him for it. That's not respectable. Not for me anyhow.
 
lost of new pics and info over at http://www.joblo.com/

grindhousepost5cx5.jpg

grindhousepost3bh3.jpg
 
skat said:
I realize I'm getting into this a little late, but I can't hardly believe all the salivating that's going on here over QT. I'll be the first to confess he's an amazing writer - as good as they come. But HOMAGE?!?! He's a straight up thief. Worse off, everyone knows it and embraces him for it. That's not respectable. Not for me anyhow.

Every artist borrows/steals stuff from others. No matter who you are. You read a book, see a painting, hear a piece of music, watch an old movie and something just sticks in your head and sometime down the road it ends up in your stuff. If people are polite, they call it "influences" or "a homage" if they're more direct, they call it stealing. But its all the same. QT's references are just easy to pick up on. With others its a bit more difficult. But he takes his influences/homages/theft and makes it his own. And that's what's important.
 
skat said:
I realize I'm getting into this a little late, but I can't hardly believe all the salivating that's going on here over QT. I'll be the first to confess he's an amazing writer - as good as they come. But HOMAGE?!?! He's a straight up thief. Worse off, everyone knows it and embraces him for it. That's not respectable. Not for me anyhow.

Disagree 100%.

Tarantino might be the finest director working today. He is in the upper eschelon with Spielberg, Scorsese, Anderson, Malick ...

(I don't even wanna get started as I find your statement just plain ignorant)
 
I don't see what the big hubub is about. I mean, most people call him a theif because of reservoir dogs, right? because of that one old Chinese flick which has almost the exact same plot?

It's kinda a simple plot. A cop infiltrates a group of robbers, right? Am I missing something?

QT is just good, that's why everyone calls him a thief. I'm sure I'm missing something though, because if it's really that simple of a stolen plot, why doesn't anyone make a big brouhaha over Point Break?

Back to the real point of this thread--

You forgot to post the most intriguing poster of the 3, Wesley. The "Fully loaded" one. When that first came into the footage, everyone flipped out.

Actually, everyone flipped out through the entire thing. It's freaking good man.

Read the thing on JoBlo. It pretty much tells all of the good parts of the panel.

A part they dind't mention, that I particularly liked, was Tarantino's response to a question of how to get above the competition in independent film (since everyone has a good camera and can shoot whatever now). Tarantino's response was "Make Reservoir Dogs" He's becoming the Kanye West of filmmaking.
 
John_Hudson said:
Tarantino might be the finest director working today. He is in the upper eschelon with Spielberg, Scorsese, Anderson, Malick ...

And as prolific as Kubrick :)

Seems like that is changing though. he seems to be picking up the pace.

Filmjunkie677 said:
I just scored the two posters off ebay!!!!!!!!!

Hell yeah!

the posters kick a**. I need some yesterday.
 
Last edited:
How can you say he's picking up the pace? It ain't out 'til it's out. The LAST thing he directed was TV...CSI last year. The last movie, Sin City, also 2005. The last QT movie...Kill Bill: Vol.2 (2004). It's time for him to stop ****ing around and do something SPECIAL again. The last time to my way of thinking was Jackie Brown!!!
 
Blaine said:
How can you say he's picking up the pace? It ain't out 'til it's out. The LAST thing he directed was TV...CSI last year. The last movie, Sin City, also 2005. The last QT movie...Kill Bill: Vol.2 (2004). It's time for him to stop poo pooing around and do something SPECIAL again. The last time to my way of thinking was Jackie Brown!!!

It was six years between Jackie Brown and Kill Bill Vol 1. And three years between Kill Bill and the supposed release of Grind House. So he is working faster. Just not a new film every year.
 
I am looking forward to these two guys retiring, they and TV have crossed the line. I can't watch TV without seeing gore and people's heads being cut off and all kinds of "bloody ell". If explicit sexual content is banned then so should explict violence. I think when people have nothing to say they rely on hype, violence, and gore to affect us. At least they could inject substance into their work a la Seven but noooo, the actors all just act wise and feed us ridiculous lines. Oh lord, what has the world come to?
 
Last edited:
MojoTrancer said:
the supposed release of Grind House. So he is working faster. Just not a new film every year.
Like I said, "It ain't out 'til it's out." If Grind House gets released on target, you're right, he's picked up his pace...from molasses to corn syrup. Still, it really isn't a full length Tarantino movie, is it. I'm waiting for him to follow his previous successes with an all new Quentin Tarantino movie, not QT and somebody else...

the_fusionist said:
I am looking forward to these two guys retiring, they and TV have crossed the line. I can't watch TV without seeing gore and people's heads being cut off and all kinds of "bloody ell". If explicit sexual content is banned then so should explict violence. I think when people have nothing to say they rely on hype, violence, and gore to affect us. At least they could inject substance into their work a la Seven but noooo, the actors all just act wise and feed us ridiculous lines. Oh lord, what has the world come to?
Give me a ****ing break!!!!
 
My roommate's gf is in the movie.

He was at Tarantino's house the other night having dinner. wish it was me :(
 
the_fusionist said:
I am looking forward to these two guys retiring, they and TV have crossed the line. I can't watch TV without seeing gore and people's heads being cut off and all kinds of "bloody ell". If explicit sexual content is banned then so should explict violence. I think when people have nothing to say they rely on hype, violence, and gore to affect us. At least they could inject substance into their work a la Seven but noooo, the actors all just act wise and feed us ridiculous lines. Oh lord, what has the world come to?

LOL :violin:
 
John, I know you want to see an exclusive QT movie as much as I do. Let's quit this, "I'll do a guest shot on this movie" ****!
 
Back
Top