Shameless Fat Monster plug

Still, I'd say if you've started college, finish.

It's not all about the degree or the classes. A lot of it is about growing up and learning about yourself in a test environment. I know I sound like a guidance counselor but if you take college to learn who you are then the successes in L.A. will come a lot easier.
 
... if you take college to learn who you are then the successes in L.A. will come a lot easier.

The only thing I learned about myself in college is that I hated college so I quit. College isn't for everyone. I, personally, don't want anyone forcing me to learn something I don't have any interest in... I don't want to take the prerequisite classes. I was taking a socialogy class and slept through every class. The last day of the class, right before taking the final, I walked out because I didn't want to be there or waste another minute on that ****.
 
Seems as though we have come full circle.

The only things holding me back from California are money and school. That's it.

I figure that most of you out there pay your rent by working typical 9-5 jobs just like I do here... and then I'm sure theres a handful of you guys out there who are paying rent solely by working in film, videography, photography, whatever. -- I have a loan out for my car, which is a huge reason I'm unable to budge from my strongholds here in Lincoln. I probably bought a nicer car than I should have, but it made sense at the time. Now I'm stuck with it for the next 4 years unless I sell it and lose a considerable amount of money (which will probably be what happens).

As for school, I'm sticking to it just because it provides me insurance, cheap loans, and hey... when you're done... you get a degree!! =) I realize there are schools out there in sunny californ-ey-ay, and actually started looking into them, but I just dont see a feasible way to transfer out there and still keep my checkbook balanced. ;)

Too much to think about, really.
Generation Y is poor, and it sucks.
 
The only thing I learned about myself in college is that I hated college so I quit. College isn't for everyone. I, personally, don't want anyone forcing me to learn something I don't have any interest in... I don't want to take the prerequisite classes. I was taking a socialogy class and slept through every class. The last day of the class, right before taking the final, I walked out because I didn't want to be there or waste another minute on that shi*.

I can relate to this, Tom. Next semester I am taking a Spanish class at 8:30am on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. BLECK!!

I'm going to lose my mind... probably even more so when I go to Native American History every week. Nothing wrong with 'em, it's just that I really don't care to learn about them at this point in my life... I want to do something crazy and creative!
 
Seems as though we have come full circle.

The only things holding me back from California are money and school. That's it.

I figure that most of you out there pay your rent by working typical 9-5 jobs just like I do here... and then I'm sure theres a handful of you guys out there who are paying rent solely by working in film, videography, photography, whatever. -- I have a loan out for my car, which is a huge reason I'm unable to budge from my strongholds here in Lincoln. I probably bought a nicer car than I should have, but it made sense at the time. Now I'm stuck with it for the next 4 years unless I sell it and lose a considerable amount of money (which will probably be what happens).

As for school, I'm sticking to it just because it provides me insurance, cheap loans, and hey... when you're done... you get a degree!! =) I realize there are schools out there in sunny californ-ey-ay, and actually started looking into them, but I just dont see a feasible way to transfer out there and still keep my checkbook balanced. ;)

Too much to think about, really.
Generation Y is poor, and it sucks.

You know what I do for a job. I'm stuck doing this Actionscript bullshi* which I completely hate. Loathe is a good word.

I'm going to start looking for a different way to pay the bills soon... but I also have a car and a motorcycle to pay off before I do that.
 
Looks like we're all in the same boat, eh?

Hey Tommy, you'd really like this guy I'm staying with in Bothel, WA. In case you didn't catch it in the other thread, he is a luthier and makes guitars.

How's the guitar coming, man?
 
Yeah man, we're definitely in the same boat. I need to get off this boat reeeeeal soon... so do you. :beer:

I didn't see that in your other thread. That's really cool man. The guitar thing is going to stay a hobby for me for a while... until the acting thing starts going and then I'll start a band and have fun with that. Did you hear the thing I recorded a while back? It was me playing the guitar. It was in my "Dark Hearts" Timefest thread towards the end.
 
I am in a similar boat, as stated above. There is so much a little money could do: I could visit LA more, I could finish my car, and on and on and on. The thing is I don't know which route to take. Luckily I still have some time and I seem to have sorted things out for at least the next two years.

Kyle, every time I see Bothel I think it says Brothel and I think "Kyle! You dog!" Then I realize my mistake. :)
 
Funny cause I tried to build a boat during finals once in college. Thats kinda when it all started going downhill and I realized neither boat building nor college was for me. College isnt for everyone but is for some. Boat building though. Thats for no one.
 
Funny cause I tried to build a boat during finals once in college. Thats kinda when it all started going downhill and I realized neither boat building nor college was for me. College isnt for everyone but is for some. Boat building though. Thats for no one.

Speaking of building ****, my goal for this Summer was to build a shack on my property - God knows why, but I was going to do it. Then the heat came on and I realized DVXuser was located in the air conditioned sancuary that is my house. So yeah, no shack. :(

Now, more specifically, boat building. I was thinking about building a raft too to take out on the small lake by my house just for kicks. I didn't know how to do it and then someone posted a picture of a raft in another thread and I thought "That is the one." I haven't thought much about it, but I would like it.

Here is the picture:

21_Floss_12.JPG
 
Gotta find a job that suits a second interest beyond the film stuff. Try not to settle in any aspect of life or that aspect will be the soar thumb , the thorn in the side of all your fun stuff. :/
 
Back
Top