Realm// Letus35 Xlh1

Yup John! As we'd like to know what camera Steven Dempsey will buy -- for sure!... we are hoping your PC compatible side (70mm adapter related too). Actually, I downloaded it without success as Mac files.

:dankk2:
 
Last edited:
I tried to save the quicktime files as Windows media,
but it takes hours on my powerbook (that I haven't had yet in one sitting)
So I have tried, and stopped, several attempts.
I will keep at it though
if anyone has a better work around, please share
 
Congrats disjecta. I really look forward to seeing some examples of what you do with the camera.
 
Elton said:
Congrats disjecta. I really look forward to seeing some examples of what you do with the camera.
Canon must be happy because it will be the best sample to their product.
 
:dankk2: Steven for the update.

As I said and this community well knows, your purchase has a real significance to any potential buyer and HD user. Actually, as I posted, we've been following your relevant decision.

EDIT -- Don't you have any CCD interlaced objection vs. progressive one? Specially after the next CMOS cameras announcement? Or even concerning the 20% vertical losses@24F mode? (some doubts that I have by now)
 
Last edited:
I'm not concerned in the slightest about the resolution loss. There is a tremendous degree of information captured in the 24f image and it was this particular image that sold me on the camera in the first place. The 60i is just icing on the cake. I probably won't use the 60i option much but it's great if I want it.

The filmic cadence of 24f versus 24p is imperceptible to me. It looks just as filmic as the HVX but with way more detail to play with.

I will also be buying a 35mm adapter (not sure which one yet) and having that extra resolution is only going to make the image shine even more, with the softness created by these adapters making only a small impact.

Having interchangeable lenses is fantastic to me. I can rent a wide angle if I want it but the 20x optical reach is also a huge asset to the kind of work I do. I came up against the limitations of the DVX's reach more times than I can remember and missed many a great shot because I just couldn't get close enough to my subject.

The biggest factor that changed my mind about the HD100 was when I saw a lot of fast action footage frozen, it was riddled with blocking artifacts. I have only seen very minimal artifiacts of that nature on the Canon. It seems to be a way more robust system.

I'm not ready for the P2 workflow yet. A lot of my work depends on rolling tape for a long time to get that 5 seconds of wildlife action. I'll be also using the Firestore FS-4 for image acquisition in tandem with tape.

There are so many benefits to me personally in this choice that I cannot begin to list them. I am very happy with my decision and feel like all my needs will be addressed for the forseeable future.

I'm not concerned with all the "better" cameras beginning to surface on the market. There will always be a better camera, just like in the computer world, you will never be able to keep up with it.

I have done exhaustive research and am confident. I have been working with Chris at ZGC and she has been phenomenal.

I should get my stuff sometime next week....I will keep you posted. Thanks for your interest.
 
Disjecta,

We'll have LetusXL stuff for you to look at soon. It has a focus adjustment that Shane finally figured out after talking to Quyen. He says the focus is better now.
 
Back
Top