Realm// Letus35 Xlh1

mgalvan said:
Hey John,

Thanks for the test results. I noticed you're in NYC ...

Interested in meeting up? I'd like to see this adapter in action in person ...

I can bring my XL-H1 too and it'll be a party!!!

I'll be shooting a short in the upcoming week ... maybe we can test it out then :)

Galvan,
Sounds good. Schedule is pretty crazy though.
Next week the adapter is in use quite a bit but I'm sure we can arrarge a time to meet..
email
 
disjecta said:
Shoot, can someone make these clips PC compatible?

I should have a few clips from Shane in the near future. We're also going to be doing some tests on the strip, etc. during NAB. A zoom and a 20mm possibly too.

Should be fun.
 
Workin' on it, Emanuel. We're not gonna show anything until it's worth showing.

I will say this...I do like the potential I'm seeing so far.
 
My bandwith has not come back up and my Host has not returned emails, I don't know what is up.
I apologize.
I got a chance to test Winston Vargas' 70mm adapter today and ...wow. Very spectacular image quality. He has vibrating GG, but it doesn't need it - there is no difference when it is on or off. It is really for the DVX, but he is working to make it work for the H1.
The Letus is easier to use on the H1 (image Flip, less bulky), but I have high hopes for this one as well.

Hopefully I can get to the bottom of my hosting issues and post clips from both.
J
 
Elton said:
Workin' on it, Emanuel. We're not gonna show anything until it's worth showing.

I will say this...I do like the potential I'm seeing so far.
:dankk2: Barlow for your good will and your notification post!
 
Hey John :dankk2: for your update!

Benton said:
I got a chance to test Winston Vargas' 70mm adapter today and ...wow. Very spectacular image quality. He has vibrating GG, but it doesn't need it - there is no difference when it is on or off. It is really for the DVX, but he is working to make it work for the H1.
The Letus is easier to use on the H1 (image Flip, less bulky), but I have high hopes for this one as well.
Good to know! Is there a quality increase between 70mm & 35mm adapters? Do you feel that?

When Winston Vargas will be available? As well, as relay lens to H1?

And Letus35, do you know if is there any launch schedule?

Hopefully I can get to the bottom of my hosting issues and post clips from both.
J
PC compatible files please, as Steven (disjecta) asked, if possible. Thx great poster! :)
 
Benton said:
My bandwith has not come back up and my Host has not returned emails, I don't know what is up.
I apologize.
I got a chance to test Winston Vargas' 70mm adapter today and ...wow. Very spectacular image quality. He has vibrating GG, but it doesn't need it - there is no difference when it is on or off. It is really for the DVX, but he is working to make it work for the H1.
The Letus is easier to use on the H1 (image Flip, less bulky), but I have high hopes for this one as well.

Hopefully I can get to the bottom of my hosting issues and post clips from both.
J

Hey John,

I'd be happy to throw a few of your clips up if you want to try to upload to my iDisk. One thing I do ask though is if you could specifically provide some 24F stuff and capture it as a raw m2t with HDVxDV or DVHSCap. That way I can do some pulldown reversal and do justice to it.
 
Elton said:
Hey John,

I'd be happy to throw a few of your clips up if you want to try to upload to my iDisk. One thing I do ask though is if you could specifically provide some 24F stuff and capture it as a raw m2t with HDVxDV or DVHSCap. That way I can do some pulldown reversal and do justice to it.

Yes, but I am crazy with other work through the weekend, so it must wait until the beginning of the week...

Also Emmanuel, the quality of Winston's adapter may be because the GG projected image is bigger, really don't know, but it sure is sweet. It wont have a relay lens, So you mount it on the Canon 20x lens.
I think they will be announcing it soon. I get the feeling that they want to announce it and be able to provide product simultaneously.

I can see wanting to use each kind of adapter in different situations.
I love the Letus on the H1. And I would use the Letus for the more run & gun work that I mostly do (smaller and built in image flip).
But if I was doing HD-SDI out - Winston's would be super sweet.
Also, If I had a DVX or HVX, I would wait to see Winston's
he has been honing it on his DVX and Boy it looked great in it's nice big viewfinder !

J
 
I use powweb hosting as well. When my bandwidth was exceeded, their automatic server sent me an email with a link I had to follow in order to manually restore my bandwidth. If you gave powweb a secondary email when you signed up with them (like a yahoo account or something), go check it because that's likely where they sent the email.

Looking forward to seeing the footage.
 
Got it - Unfortunately now we must wait until midnight when it resets.

Barlow, what is the .Mac bandwidth for a day?
I notice a lot of high volume stuff is often on .Mac accounts
Hmmm
 
Last edited:
I think my bandwidth is something like 250GB a month, but don't quote me. Not sure if that is enough or not.

Maybe you're just gettting hit harder because of the LetusXL curiosity that's out there.
 
oh yeah,
But I am looking to post the 70mm footage as well in the next few days.
or until they get the 70mm adapter site up
 
Benton said:
Got it - Unfortunately now we must wait until midnight when it resets.

Barlow, what is the .Mac bandwidth for a day?
I notice a lot of high volume stuff is often on .Mac accounts
Hmmm


Hey John,

I know it's not a perfect solution because of the ads and such, but www.filefront.com offers fairly reliable, free file hosting. I believe their file size limit is 1GB per file, but you can upload an unlimited number of files. It is a little convoluted because there are 3 pages to click through to get to the actual download, but for a temporary solution, it may be worth checking. A lot of the people from the RedRock site use it to put up their samples.
 
XlLarama.com????

XlLarama.com????

Hey Barlow,

What happened to the XLarama thread? Did you guys change it to XLcinema? My gosh, you already have the site up. That was quick.
 
Yeah, Shane and I discussed it and he came up with that site pretty quickly. We still aren't totally sure about the name. We just want to build it up and see how it goes.

I rather like it now, myself.
 
XLcinema it would be a KO name. :thumbsup:

EDIT -- BTW, where's the Robert's open thread?
 
Last edited:
Brian J. Harris said:
Hey John,

I know it's not a perfect solution because of the ads and such, but www.filefront.com offers fairly reliable, free file hosting. I believe their file size limit is 1GB per file, but you can upload an unlimited number of files. It is a little convoluted because there are 3 pages to click through to get to the actual download, but for a temporary solution, it may be worth checking. A lot of the people from the RedRock site use it to put up their samples.

THANKS BRIAN !
I am uploading Files Now:

http://dashboard.filefront.com/bentoon/

All files are Letus35XL 1080/60
except where noted
I will get some 24f files as soon as I can
and post some Winston Vargas 70mm on the H1 as I am able.

Cheers,
J
 
Back
Top