"Push, Pull, Destroy" by Battlecross

rwcpv

Member
Hey guys, I said in my first thread I'd post up a link to my only legitimate video credit. I directed this music video last summer, and it has fairly recently EXPLODED in popularity. I haven't had many professionals take a look at the video, so most of the feedback I've gotten is from bias sources like family, friends, and fans of the band. Let me know what you think!

 
****. Yes.


rocker.gif





The editing is great. Lots of action but not overly fast; You hold long enough to see what's happening and then move on. Very nice. The shots all look good, very gritty, lots of variety, I really love the shot of the drummers arms up at 1:52, it's very dynamic. I wish there were more like it. I love the camera jerk edits like at 2:06, they really flow nicely. Tons of energy from the band and great camera work. \m/ ^_^ \m/



The only critiques I have are tiny, and I only mention them because I know you're looking for feedback. A couple shots of the fans against the fence look like zombies - the actors don't seem that into it. The "pallet barrier" felt forced, if they're going to break through something like pallets I want to see them smashed, not just tipped over. Show me destruction! And last, some of the sections where you want camera shake (like 1:42) I would have shot steady and added shake in post, just due to the "jellocam" effect of the rolling shutter. Although, it didn't stick out much and it almost even works with the video.

Seriously though, kick ass work man. Those things I just listed were only found after I watched the video 2 or 3 times specifically looking for things to critique. I can't wait to see more of your work, be sure to post it here!
 
Really nice work mate!
Just in my opinion, it would have been nice to see some quicker cuts at some points. To me it feels a bit slow. But it's still great!
 
Back
Top