Purchasing FCS2

DIGITALJB21

Member
After my last post I now realize that I need to make the move to FCS2/FC6. Keeping that in mind should I go for the 6 or will there be a new release (7) in the near future. I currently use FC Express 4 which is no good for the P2 cards on my desktop Mac w/2.16 gHz processor and 1 GB memory(about 2 years old). Should I also make the move (since I plan on doing a lot of video production) to a Mac turn key system from B&H or the lowest price seller. Starting to realize I picked an expensive passion. But willing to take the leap to bigger and better equipment. JB
 
There is never a sure fire way to know when Apple releases new versions of FCP...but they tend to at NAB...which would be mid April this year.

BUT, my rule of thumb is buy when you need. Need it now, get it now. Besides, 5 months is too long to wait.
 
Exactly- buy it when you need it. It's constantly being upgraded. I suspect we'll get something of an update in April at NAB. And there is more than likely to be either a free upgrade or a modest upgrade to get to whatever version if any is offered. And you'll be that much more trained on the app in that time instead of waiting around. If you need it now, get it.

Noah
 
again. buy when you need. there is and will ALWAYS be a next newer/cooler version in a few months. and there is almost always a less-costly upgrade path for those who purchased the previous version nearer to the new versions release.

quit worrying. buy. and get to work. ; )
 
And there is more than likely to be either a free upgrade or a modest upgrade to get to whatever version if any is offered. And you'll be that much more trained on the app in that time instead of waiting around. If you need it now, get it.

Noah

Thats what Im hoping for.
 
i m thinking in january for the fcs3

Again, there is really no set schedule. NAB seems to be approrpriate, but Apple's decision to end MWSF participation and exited from NAB to me indicates that it will set its own schedule for releasing hardware and software.

It won't tie it to trade shows.
 
Thanks for the info fellow DVXers. I have been bitten buy the video bug and I am rolling up the sleeves and getting to work. I will be purchasing Final Cut Studio 2 soon and I am gonna try and upgrade the memory on the IMAC to run it all. Hopefully I will be editing some new material soon. Happy Holidays !!! Digital JB..........
 
Again, there is really no set schedule. NAB seems to be approrpriate, but Apple's decision to end MWSF participation and exited from NAB to me indicates that it will set its own schedule for releasing hardware and software.

It won't tie it to trade shows.

Did I miss something?

Is Apple not going to do NAB Vegas any more?
 
MacWorld is an event of their own choosing ... NAB is not. If they choose not
to announce major functionality at NAB, that would be a serious marketing
mistake on their part. And Apple is not known for serious marketing
faux-pas's...
NAB and CES are the hearbeats .... if they want to be arrogant, they'll
ignore them.

jeff
 
Well, Apple has made announcements about its proapps at NAB every year but last year.

MWSF is not sponsored or run by Apple at all. And one of the reasons the company is leaving after this year is to eliminate the expectations of announcements at set events.

Be that as it may, Final Cut Pro will be updated.

That much we know. How big of an update and when it will occur only Apple knows.
 
Back
Top