"Prove It" - A Conspiracy Penguin Production

ConspiracyPenguin

Nosey Penguin
1206908927.jpg


"PROVE IT"

A Film by Nick Lane

---

Boredom can lead to the most fascinating discoveries.
 
Last edited:
Production Log

Production Log

7 JUNE 2008 -

Unfortunately I have had to pull the plug on this entry to to several different circumstances. Please see my most recent post for details, thank you for your support.

1 JUNE 2008 -


Finsihed first day of shooting today. Most of the shots are good and the performances are decent. I, of course, have my concerns but unfortunately not enough TIME for them. Funny. Editing should be done in a week so I can send it off to Steve. Hopefully he will have enough TIME to do the score. Again with the time thing. Teaser coming later tonight, so stay tuned!


19 MAY 2008 -

We had some rough times recently. We had put our search for new equipment on hold but when it turned out we wouldn't be able to obtain help from Sconce, we were in a made dash to make a decision: 1) Restart search quickly and possibly fail, 2) Use what we've got, and have it not look extremely pretty or 3) Drop out. I didn't say anything because I didn't want to cause a panic (or maybe give people false hope :evil:*) or give the impression that we are not fully committed...because we are. As of right now we plan to shoot this Friday and Saturday May 23 and 24. I will post whether it goes well or not. Thanks for your continued support.

ALERT: WE ARE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO REVIEW THE SCRIPT BEFORE IT IS FILMED AND PROVIDE FEEDBACK. IF YOU CAN DO THIS WITHIN THE RULES AND REGULATIONS, PLEASE SEND ME A PM. THANK YOU.

*Not really that cocky/confident. Simply a jest on my part to lighten the mood.


6 MAY 2008 -

Unfortunatly, due to conflicting schedules, we will not be able to obtain the help of Matt Sconce on this project. We are deeply saddened by this and hope that the project will be able to go on, as we had put off all equiptment purchasing endeavours when we thought we knew what we were going to do. Also, there will probably be a location change soon, because we are having trouble finding a certain vantage point that is vital to our story.

5 APRIL 2008 -


Currently we are working hard to collect new equiptment, as the stuff we have now is out of date. This is going to be out first FilmFest entry, so we want it to look good, although we know it won't look as good as those submitted by the seasoned filmmakers. We are hoping to have a new camera, audio equiptment, a better lighting setup, and a new editing software by the end of this month so we can set a shoot date in early May. After we get the raw footage edited, I will send it off to STEVE and ROBBIE for the score and color correction (respectivly). The last step will be to mesh both versions together and do any minor tweaking that is needed and we will be done.


1 APRIL 2008 -

Unfortunatly, it turns out we will not be able to finish this project due to some unforseen circumstances. The world wide Youtube Rick Roll caused extreme mental distress to a few of our cast members who can no longer do anything without repeating the words "Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down, never gonna turn around, and desert you." --- April fools!

Actually, today what I did was go outside and take photographs of the outdoor locations. I also scouted for a hilltop location, which I think I found. If I come across another, we will use that instead, but as of now this one is fine. I will take some indoor location shots as soon as I can. Here is what I have:

1207109669.jpg


30 MARCH 2008 -

I returned home to find that KYLE had made a very nice poster. At first I asked him if he wanted to make another one, but soon decided I liked the first draft enough to use it to start the thread.

24 MARCH 2008 -

Robbie read script, confirmed my suspicions that the dialogue was too direct in some areas. Edits made, including addition of title card, credits, and on-screen text into written form. Working draft is complete.

23 MARCH 2008 -

First draft of script finished. Approved by SHAUN and RICK. Parts decided (cast list updated)
 
Last edited:
Woo!

You might want to make your banner go like mine, side to side as opposed to on top of each other. I did your way, and I think the mods changed it around, and it makes more sense this way.

Also, make it clickable!
 
I thought you might get a kick out of that, Robbie. I figured I might as well give you credit, as you pointed out a few flaws in my dialogue.

EDIT: BANNER IS NOW CLICKABLE, AND I AM WORKING ON THE MOVE.

Thanks,
 
Last edited:
Happy to see your thread up there man, glad your entering. =)

Best wishes, i'll keep cehcking the thread.
 
Thanks everyone for the early good wishes. I will do my best to keep this updated as new stuff comes in, and I look forward to everyone else's entries as well.

Thanks,
 
Cast list and production log updated, now I plan to keep it that way. Also, a bump for this thread, and an invitation to use it to :beer: PARTY :beer: if you'd like. In fact, I will probably join in if you choose to use it for that purpose.

Thanks,
 
Hey Welcome Nick! I hope that you saved a good script for yourself!!! (I know that you were helping a lot of folks out here! :thumbsup: )

Best to you,

Ted
 
Hey Welcome Nick! I hope that you saved a good script for yourself!!! (I know that you were helping a lot of folks out here! :thumbsup: )

Best to you,

Ted

Thanks, Ted! I did in fact help quite a lot of people. Although one may not go through, and one is not finished yet. But there are actually a couple more I may even take on.

I was worried that I didn't have a good one for myself for a while there, but finally the idea just hit me and I'm pretty happy with it. I am actually looking for critique on it if anyone would like to read it and still obey the rules.

Thanks,
 
Hey, I'm really looking forward to this film and hopefully our first fest entry will turn out well. :)
 
I can second your remarks, Rick, and I look forward to working with you.

But what I am really wondering is, where is the party??? Did I send the invites out too late? I might have to wait until tomorrow, unless the gang arrives after I'm long gone and parties without me, leaving only the rancid smell and incomprehensible mess for me to sort threw in the morning.

Tonight I am charging my camera battery and I will take location shots tomorrow. I will also try to go scouting for the one location I have yet to find, given the fact that I have enough time when I get home.

Yeah,
 
Back
Top