Presented by SFGMedia

Jim Montgomery

Well-known member
1205444352.jpg



A simple lie and a best seller, all things become clear Late in Life
 
Last edited:
Cast

Jasper..........................Wally Gagel

Maria............................Pam Rochowiak

Lauren..........................Hannah Rockey

Alex..............................Philip Thorson

Ted...............................Tony Della Rocca


Crew

Director.........................Jim Montgomery
Director of Photography Jim Montgomery
Camera.........................Joe Carney
Gaffer...........................Jim Montgomery
Writer...........................Dawn Calvin
Grip..............................Jim Montgomery
Original Score................Dennis James
Editor...........................Jim Montgomery
Sound Design...............Jim Montgomery
 
Last edited:
March 2, 2008

Four scripts have been submitted for consideration.

March 12, 2008

All script submissions are in and the field has been narrowed down to three. Why is my stomach starting to hurt?

March 13, 2008

Script selected, Dawn Calvin's Late in Life. Paid a visit to the local Theartre Guild looking for a resource for actors and actress'. Kind of got a scoff type laughter but they did say they would put it in the Directors box. Waiting on that call. My local real estate agent has become the location scout, I guess I should tell her tomorrow.

March 19

Locations scouted. Found a couple of good ones, now all I need to do is nail them down. Met with Hana, the casting supervisor, and began the process of locating talent. The local theatre guild has not returned a phone call so I guess the movies are beneath them! I will give them the benefit of doubt and pay them another visit today.

Well my stomach quit hurting and now frustration is starting to set in. I like to work fast and it is just not happening.

March 27

Well the production meeting went remarkably well. I just hope the cast lives long enough to finish the movie. Its one thing to say they are old, another to say they are funny. These guys told stories for hours, had me laughing so hard I peed my shorts. This may be fun after all.

Shooting starts Saturday!

March 30

Shot 3 pages of script yesterday, almost done with the initial color grading. Unfortunately I have 3 pages still to go and only 1:47 left. Trouble.

April 10

It's over. Finished downloading the stuff shot last night and this morning. I will have to mention Hannah, she is an absolute joy to work with. Without her this movie could not have been make. Thanks darlin'
 
Last edited:
Follow focus just arrived, and the car mount will be here tomorrow. The location is still up in the air, If I can get it secured shooting will start this Saturday.
 
Did I read somewhere that we could do multiple entries? This is to much fun. 2 hours of filming, OK 6 hours, and a five hour party!
 
Actually it was kind of a let down. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad its over, but it just never seems to go as good as you saw it in your head.

I did have an amazing time with all the actors. It was my first with professional people and I have to tell ya, I can't go back. At least thats what I told my first wife!
 
Ah. I was reallly lucky with the crew on mine. The stuff I got was closest to what was in my head of any film I've ever done. The only letdown was leaving Minnesota and all of the amazing people I got to meet and work with there.

Yeah, when you get real actors who actually collaborate with you, rather than just learn their lines, bring in ideas and preparation for the role, etc. it's a dream.
 
Back
Top