Owners: ISO reports, please.

The reason I wondered about sensor size was that I have the same lens with the same opening for light to get through and less surface area to have to expose. Just curious if that in itself could account for a 1/2 stop difference.

The color rendition comment. I shouldn't have said nothing scientific since my comments are based on looking at color charts. I haven't analyzed the data, simply watched the color chart footage. On a calibrated monitor, the 7d with the same settings looks to be pushing a distinguishably more accurate color.

Obviously more testing must be done.
 
The reason I wondered about sensor size was that I have the same lens with the same opening for light to get through and less surface area to have to expose. Just curious if that in itself could account for a 1/2 stop difference.
You have to think in terms of per-unit area and how much light each photosite is seeing. The crop sensor is capturing less of the overall image circle, not seeing more light per-unit area.

I shouldn't have said nothing scientific since my comments are based on looking at color charts. I have analyzed the data, simply watched the color chart footage. On a calibrated monitor, the 7d with the same settings look to be pushing a more accurate color.
Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense now.
 
Kholi, I think the image at the top of this thread looks pretty incredible. Any chance of a moving clip of the same????
 
Are you noticing an improvement in the compression with the higher bitt-rate and more data per frame @ 24p?
 
Stuff's being colored and cut right now. Was told that it looks like it does hold up slightly better but nothing crazy. Not seeing a lot of noise in darks, as you can see there's dark hair there and it would've shown up I think?

Personally, the MKii's compression was already fine for just about everything under RED jobs, this is slightly better compression with lower framerates...I'm pretty sure it's just fine. =P
 
No problemos. All stuff uncolored/untouched. Just clipped out of the file and uploaded.

Will post more gradually tonight. Indoors ISO stuff for those wondering.
 
Same on every camera: Neutral, Everything dialed down. =P All contrast is done with, well, lighting! Floppies and Opal are your friends. With a little 150w HMI kick here and there.
 
I'll probably get dogged for this, I sliiiightly color corrected out the orange cast from an off white balance

Shot next to a tungsten light with a half-working 18-55 crappy kit lens at f/3.5 at ISO 2500 in 24P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHXqG4DT-5A

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
 
Back
Top