Outside shot... ( First Exterior Red frame grab )

With correction it looks awesome. I have never been a fan of the washed out look that video cameras tend to output uncorrected.
 
1162329501.jpg
 
color correction curves

color correction curves

I don't know what Anders did (it is a nice job!) but I was able to get somewhat close in Photoshop with three "curves" settings:

1) RGB: "S" curve, for more contrast & filmlike appearance
2) Red Channel: slight boost at center for warming
3) Blue Channel: drop at upper end only, rest flat (less blue)

REDCC-curves.png


RED-Outside-CC-example-JPB.jpg

(Obviously this is only one CC choice and there are infinitely many more!)
 
Last edited:
I see there is a 2K version of that picture available on the RED site. That picture does much more justice to the Red camera, than the 1K picture did. After all there are many cameras that are capable of producing a great looking downsampled 1K image. Producing a high quality 2K image, now we are talking.
 
Touched it up a little...

Touched it up a little...

Just touched it up a little...
 

Attachments

  • touch_up.jpg
    touch_up.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 0
Good God, the 2K image is nice. As others have suggested, do a levels adjustment and see the detail in the milk bottle highlites and the "missing" stripes on the blouse collar. And this is on an 8bit image.

The RED team has a lot to be proud of, and we have a lot to look forward to. To my eyes, that gloriously clean, naturally toned image is what the future of recorded motion images should look like. Add grain to suit, if that's your bent, but it's not mine. Not anymore.

I'd be a completely happy customer if the camera offered nothing but that amazing full raster 2K image... and any other company would gladly take me up on the offer by "locking" out the higher resolutions without a pricey "pro" upgrade, wouldn't they? That is if they even offered the 2K full raster 4:4:4 image in the first place.
 
Hey Jim, do these girls have a script they are playing out or were you guys just saying "do this and do that" while filmming? I'm kinda curious how these tests go.

The first thing that came to mind when I saw this image was the movie "A League of their own"
 
roxics said:
Hey Jim, do these girls have a script they are playing out or were you guys just saying "do this and do that" while filmming? I'm kinda curious how these tests go.

The first thing that came to mind when I saw this image was the movie "A League of their own"

my guess is that it was A League of Their Own improv day down at oakley.
 
Back
Top