Next fest is: Twilightfest!!

I wrote a script for TimeFest, but never produced it. Any reason why I can't use the same script for TwilightFest?

It's possible. Here is a quote from the TimeFest rules, this type of rule has been in every fest I have seen:

All films must be made between February 26th, 2008 and June 16th, 2008 and must not have been publicly screened prior to the start of viewing.


I guess the question is whether writing the script is considered part of making the film; if so, then you probably can't, although honestly (and I am not supporting breaking the rules, just posing a question), who is going to know? I think that when the rules are announced you should ask for clarification of this rule or maybe one of the mods wants to shed some light on it before then.
 
Thanks Nick. People probably would know because I posted a basic tease about the script's storyline back in the Timefest days. But you're right -- we'll wait for the official rules.

Patience is a virtue.......grrrr!!!!
 
Thanks Nick. People probably would know because I posted a basic tease about the script's storyline back in the Timefest days. But you're right -- we'll wait for the official rules.

Patience is a virtue.......grrrr!!!!

after hanging with the JDS most of the weekend, its been known that the script I have was written in the Timefest era, and hes said its ok, so you should be golden

Rogan
 
I joined around the time that Timefest started and I am pretty new to how the fests work. Have all the past fests been 6 minutes in length??

No, not all. Timefest was 6min 2 sec. Lovefest was 6min. All Hollowsfest was 5 min. Ad fest was I think 30 sec? And older fests were mostly 6 minutes I think.

I guess Twilight fest is going to be 6 min, because alot of people complained that 5 minutes are to short.
 
No, not all. Timefest was 6min 2 sec. Lovefest was 6min. All Hollowsfest was 5 min. Ad fest was I think 30 sec? And older fests were mostly 6 minutes I think.

I guess Twilight fest is going to be 6 min, because alot of people complained that 5 minutes are to short.

Thanks for the info.
 
My film will be Black and White. Anyone else going this route?

And could some one please tell me how to edit the name of my film thread? It say "joystick Films Presents...." now I have a title and want to add that but I can't figure out how to edit it. If I click modify it allows me to change the title and the body not the Thread Title.
 
Last edited:
My film will be Black and White. Anyone else going this route?
I love your approach!

There is something very stressful about black and white films because certainly one of your abilities to distinguish between things is lost. This will probably be very useful at a horror film.

Also, using this technique is likely to give it an interesting classical effect, Hitchcock-esque in a sense, especially if manually noised a bit.

Another alternative would be going for a well-lighted, modern artistic black and white, see:
...which is also very interesting, though I think not as scary, that's of course, assuming you're really into a horror film.

However, no matter which method you take, it can be easily ruined, as I see it, by coloring certain motives in the film, as done at Sin City and a bit at Schindler's List for instance. I find it drawing too much attention. Seriously, you've been working so hard to get the audience inside, to make them believe that the illusion they watch is in fact real, but then, out of nowhere comes some color which abruptly awakens parts of their consciousness and get them out of this illusion. Some may agree, some may not, but it is merely my own point of view.

:)

Either way, I cannot wait to see your movie!
 
Last edited:
OK SO SOMETHING LIKE THIS ???????


twist.jpg
 
LOL Genius. I am going to try this thing with no twist. But twists can be great If you NEVER see them coming. My film is not Horror by defintion but I think B&W would work. Great post though.
 
Remember, TZ (and the other similar shows) were really a mixture of fantasy, sci-fi, horror and comedy. The episodes were often designed to speak to the social consciousness of the day, to discuss topics that were not always easy to openly discuss (e.g. racism, etc) in a way that diffused the situation before it began. The twist then was used to reveal what that "truth" was without explicitly saying, "Hey this is a show about racism".


filthrich said:
My film will be Black and White. Anyone else going this route?
I was reading the introduction to the book Visions From The Twilight Zone. In there is a quote by Director of Photography George T. Clemens to Rod Serling when under pressure to begin using the new "color film" available at the time. He told him: "I can’t give you what we feel is the Twilight Zone feeling in color as I could in black and white."

So maybe you are on to something :)
 
Back
Top