'Negative Image' - Darkline Entertainment

thanks Herman, I'm gonna try hard to get something done, but if it's shabby I'll be tossing it in the bin. Are you composing many films for this fest?

Looks like there are going to be two, but I haven't committed yet, because I have some feature work to do around that time too, which happens to be a thriller/horror documentary : )

Sounds fun Herman; I've been storyboarding all night while my mates are out having drinks in London. Pah. Sucks to be me.

Well, when I say storyboarding, I mean serial killer scrawl which I can't even decifer myself the following day.

Dark - our storyboards consist of uh, stick-men, uh, yeah... we're thinking of getting Amy O to do our storyboards, she had some cools ones last fest she was in, but Amy's a busy girl.

Yeah, it's been awhile since I've been able to get in these fest, but finally here. Hope you get it through to the end, Darky.

Dark - our storyboards consist of uh, stick-men, uh, yeah... we're thinking of getting Amy O to do our storyboards, she had some cools ones last fest she was in, but Amy's a busy girl.

Yeah, it's been awhile since I've been able to get in these fest, but finally here. Hope you get it through to the end, Darky.

Well, I am a busy girl, but that doesn't involve doing storyboards. I think you have me confused with someone else? I didn't do storyboards for "El Cucuy". Prolly should have, though.

Back on topic, though, I really hope you find the time to put this together, Darkline. I really enjoyed your previous work.

I wish my storyboards looked like stickmen Charli. seriously, I need to post one and then have a prize is anyone guesses what it is...I had to look at one for a few minute to figure out what it was. Toonboom looks ace, thanks for the link - but it would still look dump in my hands. I think the problem is I take about 20 seconds to draw each one, and I cant draw.

Amy, it's coming together very slowly thanks. I've updated my first post with the fun that was had this weekend. Still only half way there.

Last edited:
when i get a mo I'll post one of mine. Hilariously bad. More updates on first page. grabs early next week as my final shoots are this weekend.

Glad to hear you got it shot! I was worried you wouldn't get an entry in and I'd have a shot at first place. But now I can rest assured that 1st place isn't an option and I can look forward to that silver medal. :)

haha, I'm actually at that point where I think my film is turd! We all have those right? Yesterday I really liked it and got excited; but when I watched it today I was holding back the groans....

The news just in, is my edit is 11 mins long and I have 2 more scenes to add! (1 left to shoot)

Of course a second pass will trim the fat, and there's one scene I can ditch all together and not impact the story too much...but I still cant see it being under 6 mins, maybe 8 :-( It may be a withdrawal from me so I don't have to rush the post work to make the deadline. I do feel like I'm compromising under time pressure. Ideally I'd like to reshoot a lot of this again in different, more pleasing locations, but meh....

So you may have a shot at that top spot after all ;-)

thanks lawrie. I think this one would have you schooling me on being too mainstream, and rightly so...lol

I have a first rough edit! More inserts to film this weekend and still some fx work to do, but it's looking like we'll have something.

News just in. I have a 6 min version! down from 11.

So it's a few scenes lighter and the pace builds a lot quicker, but surprisingly the content is affected very little. In the interest of having fun I think I will be entering the 6 min version in competition. :)

just waiting on a score and I will upload tomorrow.

excites....

Back