Myopia- by EduardoMiguel

You had some sound sync issues and maybe some missing dialogue in the bar
yup, you are correct. unfortunately I was editing and doing sound all at the deadline and didn't have enough time to sync it all up properly. I just wanted to get it in, so I let that stuff go. Even the plot didn't get explained properly because of my rush.
thanks for the comments and feedback.
 
I liked the film. The colors in the playground were great. The old barn rocked!
I have to agree with the above comments...sync, etc. Good job.

Spoilers----
I didn't really get the story...and was she just blind or mute too? I'm confused by the ending.
 
I was a little confused but it still kind of worked for me a couple of little glitches ere and there and the sync needs to be better but I still liked it good job.
 
Your actress smiles in a semi-tense situation, at 1:08, that kinda threw me off. Then there's the sound sync, I'm sure you're aware of it. Just a couple of constructive critiques so you can get better on your next one. I had a few mishaps on mine as well, it's all good.

Overall though, the editing was pretty good! The photography of when the black mercedes enters the shot is gorgeous, I liked that a lot. Also, the artistic touch to the whole film is very interesting. Kept me watching till the end.

Good job! Keep on making 'em!
 
Yes, I won't go over the problems that others have stated. You did manage to frame some shots quite well. There is some real talent there.
Just work on your storytelling and everything else will fall into place.

Mike
 
Sorry, didn't get it- I'm don't understand the story at all and without that, you lost me. Some of the editing was good, but w/o a story... I think this had some real potential, maybe revisiting the script and fill in some of the missing pieces.
 
thanks for the comments guys. Again, I didn't get to finish the story as I would have liked to, and that is why the story gets lost. I will be finishing this with proper sync and a more decipherable story. I'll post it again then.
I just wanted to get my feet wet and refused to quit the fest -though i figured it would leave viewers lost.
 
I agree that there were some real nice shots in this film. Some of the angles you chose for your camera placement were very good. Please don't be discouraged by the criticism you will get... You had the determination to keep going and not quit. That will serve you well in the future. The criticism will help you get better.

Go back and fix what you didn't get a chance to finish and resubmit it for all of us to enjoy later. :Drogar-Happy(DBG):
 
I would storyboard each moment throughout your story and make it a bit more clear. I applaud you getting out and making a film and think that there were good things abotu this movie. We each learn and grow through each film we make and you will see that too. Good luck on the recut and I look forward to seeing your next movie!
 
Hey, a lot of my thoughts on this film have already been covered. The best advice I have to to focus on the characters and their motivations next go around. Dug the soundtrack.

Good effort! Keep em coming!!
 
Interesting movie you've got there! Well done!

It started really good, but I thought the middle part was a little bit slow.

The sound needs some work though in my opinion. At some parts you could really notice that it was ADR. And some of the sounds were really loud. It worked at the beginning, but at the end it was overall to loud for my taste, compared to the voices and other sounds.

All in all, well done!
 
The sound needs some work though in my opinion. At some parts you could really notice that it was ADR. quote]

Simon,
yeah it's funny since I come from an audio background, but had never done ADR for a film before. I definitely noticed it's a different beast -- for example, I found out the hard way that when I record ADR I should allow room for room noise and ambiance. I had never realized that before. But as you all have pretty much said, you take your lumps and try again while learning from your mistakes.
thanks for the feedback all.
 
Absolutely no idea what was going on.

By the way, your girl fell asleep with her hair down, and woke up with it in a pony tail.

Memorable shots of Seattle. Nice closing shot with the blossoms.

Alex
 
Absolutely no idea what was going on.

By the way, your girl fell asleep with her hair down, and woke up with it in a pony tail.

Memorable shots of Seattle. Nice closing shot with the blossoms.

Alex

I think you're talking about Seattle Green. I guess that's what happens when the discuss thing links to the wrong page.
 
I thought the "scary edits" (hopefully you know what I mean) were very well done, especially with the way the sound worked with them. That was probably the best thing about the movie to me.

There were some good shots in the movie too. I just couldn't understand the story. I can tell you can technically make a movie (which is a big feat), now you just need to focus on telling a story.
 
I thought the "scary edits" (hopefully you know what I mean) were very well done, especially with the way the sound worked with them. That was probably the best thing about the movie to me.

There were some good shots in the movie too. I just couldn't understand the story. I can tell you can technically make a movie (which is a big feat), now you just need to focus on telling a story.

I appreciate that, Jason. This definitely won't be my last fest, and my #1 priority next time will be to clearly tell a story and then work on the frills and thrills.
 
It's so great that you have such a good attitude and are happy to accept the critiques while expressing enthusiasm for the next film! I thought you had some great images and I really could see where you were going with the edits and smash cuts/intercuts. Some really interesting stuff here and I predict you will kick some serious ass in the next fest if you give yourself a little more time and preproduction.
 
Hey,

Just caught the flick. It was spooky so I enjoyed it. I like the direction you went with the theme. The cuts were jarring, which worked. Especially betweent the girls. That was very cool.

I thought the pacing was slow for this type of film. Especially the middle bit of the dating, and the park, etc.

Overall I liked it. It could use some polish (clarify story a bit, sound sync, etc.) but it was fun and largley effective.

Good work.
 
Danielleus,
I just wanted to let you know that your past films have been my favorites in the fests (the one with the guy and the weights, the Asian character in the streets mood piece), so your feedback to me is invaluable.

Mark Johnson,
Thanks for the comments. After seeing your flick, I can just sit back and admire your dedication and skill you put forth into your work.
I definitely am a fan.
 
Back
Top