Las Vegas Strip at 2fps

newtodvx100a said:
Question: How did you get the file down to 68megs? What settings did you use?

Imported into Vegas using Raylight, exported as a Quicktime .mov using Sorensen 3 compression at 50% quality, 640x360 size.
 
Texture said:
Hmmm, Safari only sees this link as a page of ASCII code...

If you have a two button mouse click the right button and a contextual menu will pop up. Select "Save linked file to Desktop". After download is complete, simply remove "vx.txt" at the end of the file name. OS X will ask if you want to change the extension from .txt to . mov, select ".mov" and you should have an incredible quicktime movie.

If you lack a two button mouse, simply hold down the control key while clicking and the same menu will pop up. Continue on from there.

Enjoy,

Rob
 
Why add to the .mov file

Why add to the .mov file

Why do some people add extra characters to the file name? Is there an advantage to downloading or something else?
 
Last edited:
It forces you to download the file and then watch it (instead of streaming it to the player). This creats less load on the hosting server - using up less bandwith and giving better performance.

- Mikko
 
mikkowilson said:
It forces you to download the file and then watch it (instead of streaming it to the player). This creats less load on the hosting server - using up less bandwith and giving better performance.

- Mikko
Exactly. I wish more people did that. If any of you work in IT, you KNOW how many calls you get from people saying "this won't play" or "why won't this load." It gets reaaaally old after awhile.
 
Wow it was like a flashback to all the spots where I've lost money. (and just about as fast too!) Great stuff!
 
Sweet thanks Barry,
I nearly got arrested shooting some 350d 2fps at a busy road motoway tunnel near where I live. Armed anti terror police cam and searched my car and me. Turns out the HVX looks quite a bit like a surface to air missle launcher.
Funny when I showed them the time lapse fottage the said it didn't look real. I should have know better though, did ENG for 2 years still got the scares lol.
-matt
 
Question -- I know this has been covered elsewhere, but would someone be kind enough to tell me how 2 FPS is possible with the HVX... I thought it would only do 12FPS minimum?
 
I wondered why my hosting cost was rising again. A clip worth downloading ;)

Thanks Barry for sharing. I'll surely put my stickypod in good use this summer(I am still very stressed out of using it with my only HVX !!! :) But it will be worth it I am sure
 
Hey Marc, if you are getting charged, I'll quit uploading clips! =:O

I only put it there because this clip blitzed my site within two days, and people were asking to see it... hope that wasn't out of line!
 
Back
Top